cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP / HTTP which one is the best adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Floks,

i am developing a new scenario sap ecc to websevices , here i need a Pi adapter like soap/http which one is the best or which is fit as per my requirment .

precious reply should be appriciable !

Regards,

Ravi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Use SOAP adapter,it will be best fit for Webservice Scenarios.

SOAP offer good features like security and attchment support.

for more info search in sdn.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raj ,

Thanks for the early reply but here my requirment is like this we would have to make native calls to the crm system either using SOAP or HTTP adapters. so which is the best approch to move forward .

best sugesstion can be appriciable !

Regards,

Ravi.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please explain bit clearly what do you mean by Native cals??

You CRM supporting Webservice cals then go for SOAP adapter or if it acpting HTTP request use HTTP,HTTP adapter will give good performace than SOAP.

Regards,

Raj

Edited by: Raja Sekhar Reddy T on Mar 23, 2010 11:25 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raj,

Here native call means like you know in their workplace / in our workplace.

Here my requirment is like we are trying to setup integration between SAP ECC and CRM system from where integration would need to be setup to the SAP ECC system using SAP PI as the primary middleware.

CRM site is primarily based on a cloud computing environment and is a hosted product that provides access to the company data anywhere and anytime. There are no direct adapters coming from SAP that might be relevant from SAP PI standpoint. This would mean that we would have to make native calls to the CRM system either using SOAP or HTTP adapters? or i can go for Proxies?

I am little bit confused to take a desission so can you please just give me the better inputs

that will be really appriciable Follks !

Regards,

Ravi.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

@ ECC I'd suggest you use a proxy , (adapter less communication)

@ Webserv: I'd suggest you use a SOAP adapter, <It'l be a SOAP over HTTP>

Good luck with the scenario!

Hanish John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Most of the cases we will use SOAP for communicating with web services. It will provide good security.Apart from this what is the native calls can u elaborate it.

Regards,

Rama