cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query Data cached? (Virtual Cube)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I have some problems with a Query-Objekt which gets data out of an Virtual Cube. The Virtual Cube is based on a 3.X Infosource an gets data out of a table in the ERP.

When i call the Query from VC everything works fine and current data is shown. But if i manipulate data of the table which the Virtual Cube points to and send a refresh event to the Query-Objekt, the manipulated data is not shown. It always returns the data which it fetched at the first call. If i refresh the whole application in the browser (via F5), the manipulated data is shown. I disabled cachmode in rsrt for this query but it doesn't work.

Any chance to get the current data by just sending a refresh action and call the Query-Objekt again without reloading the whole application? Any Idea?

Points will be awarded for usefull information.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The reason why the data manipulated is not showing up in the query even after refresh is sent is because the cache for the virtual provider does not get reset as it would for a normal InfoCube.

So, it does not know when to reset the cache for itself even when data is manipulated.

The way we have worked around this is have a temporary process chain which runs on a frequent basis and executes the function module RSDMD_SET_DTA_TIMESTAMP for the virtual cube in consideration.

Thanks

Dharma.