cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Solution Manager help desk as central helpdesk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All Experts,

We are comparing SAP solution manager Help desk with other available exclusive help desk solution (like Remedy).

In my company we have diverse landscape , one BU using oracle ERP other using SAP etc,

we are performing cost benefit analysis for solution manager considering a complete helpdesk solution for IT-Infrastructure ( SLA based ERP support , infrastructure support ).

I have following questions.

1. What will be the licensing issues if we decide to use solution manager for other then SAP users.

2. Can I integrated active directory to authenticate users in solution manager.

3. Standard Solution manager functionality mail trigger is action based not event based , how much ABAP hours aprox is required to make it event based.

Please suggest.

Arif.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

Frankly I have used both the SAP And Remedy , SAP is much more user friendly than Remedy. If you try to serach any ticket in the remedy then it iis very difficult excersize. SAP Solman Helpdesk or support desk is very widely used

1.Yes there is a licesnsing cost to it , but compare both the cost.

2. The satndard functionality based on the trigger is quite easy in solman (SAP CRM Actions -not more than 1 days job , Also some settings for the basis side are required for e-mail trigger ) and it can send mails based on the status profile .

A.The users which are using SAP that system can be easily connected with the sAP servicedesk through an RFC Connection.

B. for the user which are not using the SAP , You can either activate as ITSM and give a link to them where they can login and post the tickets or you can also give a direct acess to solman system with the limited authorizations for the users.

If you need any further information pls. let me know.

Thnaks,

Uday Borse

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Uday,

Thanks for reply.

Browser based ticket raising and status update through interaction center , I have already configured and I am quite satisfied with the functionality solution manager provide.

Please suggest , how can I get raw idea about licensing cost and what about active directory integration.

With Regards

Arif