cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra Receiver for Logging

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a working RFC->XI->HTTP synchronous scenario. An R3 program sends out a quantity request and recieves a reply that feeds back to the user in R3.

I am tasked with creating a comma-delimited log file of these quantity requests. The log file will be written out to another server. I set up the interface and mapping objects in IB:Rep, but I can't seem to get IB:Dir set up properly. I am thinking that I may not be able to do this with just multiple receivers in IB:Dir because of the fact that the request/reply is synchronous and my log file would be asynchronous.

Any suggestions? Do I need to create a BPM for this?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

Is your Log file is irrespective of the Response ?

In this case, you can go with BPM.

Otherwise you may required to do 2 interfaces.

Can you elaborate more on the scenario ? From where you need to send to the file ..

REgards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

The log file will use data from the response (and some system information such as http status if possible). I need to have the HTTP response get back to the R3 request (synchronous) without any delays. The log file will be sent to a separate unix server (not the R3 server).

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If so your Message Flow is -

RFC->XI->Http->RFC(R/3)->File

After getting the response you need to send the Response back to the R/3 and same time the response should be sent to File system. Now you can go for BPM here.

This blog will give you some idea-

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

So your BPM will contain these steps-

1) Receive the RFC Request

2) Send the RFC request Synchronoulsy

3) Recieved Response will be mapped to the file system structure

4) send the Mapped file structure

Asumption is Mapping i.e Request to Http Request and Http Response to RFC response is done outside the BPM.

Hope this helps,

regards,

Moorthy

Answers (0)