Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

sapcontrol NIECONN_REFUSED

Good morning

I'm upgrading the EA-FINSERV from 600 to 604 and this activity is like an upgrade using the same tool .

I didn't have problem during the prepare but at the end of this before downtime in phase MAIN_DTTRANS/STOPSAP_TRANS! an error occurs:

Last error code set: Process 'sapcontrol' exited with 1, see '/sapmnt/M1E/tempexp/EHPI/abap/log/SAPehpi.ECO

looking the SAPehpi.ECO i have the error:

EXECUTING /usr/sap/M1E/DVEBMGS48/exe/sapcontrol (/usr/sap/M1E/DVEBMGS48/exe/sapcontrol) -prot NI_HTTP -host mo1r3db -nr 48 -function StopWait 10000 10

23.03.2010 07:41:58

Stop

FAIL: NIECONN_REFUSED (Connection refused), NiRawConnect failed in plugin_fopen()

Process with ID 3913 terminated with status 1

Reexecuting the same program on OS Sun Solaris i have the same error:

sapcontrol -prot NI_HTTP -nr 48 -host mo1r3db -function StopWait 10000 10

23.03.2010 08:23:27

Stop

FAIL: NIECONN_REFUSED (Connection refused), NiRawConnect failed in plugin_fopen()

I don't understand why and i didn't find any solution ....the system is open now

but i can't go in downtime phase for this error. any workaround or solution? thanks

Nicola

EHP4 FOR SAP ERP 6.0 / NW7.01 on Sun Solaris

Oracle 10.2.0.4 all fixed last patches

kernel 7.01 level 81

Former Member replied

Hi NIcola,

When i faced this problem, i cleanly brought my instance down and then i was able to proceed ahead.

Try this, check if sapstartsrv is up and running for your instance ? if not start it. if it is running then stop it, make a cleanipc run and then start the sapstartsrv again.sometimes it happens that sapcontrol is not able to communicate with the sapstartsrv and this causes the problem.

check and let me know.

Regards

Niraj

2 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question