cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logic of extracting transaction type for PO creation (direct material)

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi! I always thought that the system by default will use ECDP transaction type for the PO creation for direct material procurement. However, in one of our client's system, I found that this is not the case, i.e. a different transaction type EMPO. I have checked BADIs and found no codings relating to using a different transaction type. Does anyone know where I can find the program where the transaction type and number range is extracted? I am really curious as to how the system determines the transaction type in this particular case.

Cheers!

Sf

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Looks like the transaction type is taken from the root org structure but not conclusive.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi SF

upon the template you may get .

if you create via shopping cart . attribute bsa offers,

if you creates via purchase order dp_proc_ty = attribute value .

br

muthu

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry Muthu,

I should have mentioned that I have already checked that both BSA and DP_PROC_TY are pointin to ECPO for the user. However, the system is still taking ECMP which is weird!

Also, I am using Extended Classic.

Regards

SF

Edited by: SF on Mar 24, 2010 8:11 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another place to look is in SPRO. Check the "Define transaction types" node for your preceeding document, e.g. SC. And see if there is a "Transaction Type of Follow-On Documents" defined for it.

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

No,there isn't any followup document. One question: should I check the attributes against the user or the local purchasing group?

Chees!

SF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check attribute against the user.

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Which is what I did. I checked the attribues BSA and DP_PROC_TY against the user and both are pointing to ECPO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to confirm: Is ECPO the "Default"?

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you creating PO from SC - Order as direct or Process PO - select transaction type?

muthu

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi! I am creating from shopping cart with direct material procurement.

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

Currently, there is no default set and I cannot set it without cannot the attribute settngs to allow that.

Regards

SF

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what is showing in your bbp_pd transaction type ?

normally transaction must match with ecc docuemnt type .

dp_proc_ty = x . this x only can create a PO and it must match ECC document . this is a rule and one of the basic prerequesite too.

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Most likely your user attribute DP_PROC_TY is inherited from the purchasing group or even higher. In order to change that, you have to change the attribute on puchasing group level. Do a small test by setting the default to ECPO and see what happens.

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

There is no problem with the number range set up in both SRM and ECC.

Now, to also answer Jay's question, I did further testing in our SRM7 system (which is different version from our client).

If I have BSA = ECPO and DP_PROC_TYP = ECDP, and I create a direct material item, I get the correct document type assigned.

If I have BSA = ECPO and DP_PROC_TY = ECDP and ECPO (without default because I cannot set it at all), and I create a direct material item, I get the ECPO assigned.

It would seem to me that it is taking the last entry. I believe I can solve the problem by may be setting a default but I cannot do it at the moment. I checked the settings in table T77OMATTR but it is the same as the other attributes which I can set a default for. Any idea whether it is a 'hardcoded' thing that I cannot set default for this attribute DP_PROC_TY?

Cheers!

SF

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thnaks for the info SF

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any idea whether it is a 'hardcoded' thing that I cannot set default for this attribute DP_PROC_TY?

Did you check if this attribute is inherited for the user? If so, could you change it on a higher level, e.g. purchasing group level?

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

This is all very weird. When I tested in my own SRM7 system, I noticed that the system is taking the transaction type from the top node (highest level). Even if I remove the value at that level and only maintained it at the user or purchasing group level, it would not take it from there.

When I tested in my client's SRM 4 system, the system is taking the transaction type from the purchasing group. So, they have ECPO for the user and ECDP for the purchasing group, the system will take ECDP.

So, I am very confused now. I do not know how the system determines where to take the transaction type from.

Can someone verify that this is the behaviour that you are getting from your system?

Cheers!

SF