cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approvers - Process Controled workflow in SRM 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am using Process Controlled workflow in SRM7.0 . I am able to send the workitem to approver. My actual requirement is ,

if my workitem goes to 2 approvers called A and B. After 'A' approves workitem is automatically getting disappears from 'B' inbox. But in my case i want both approvals. How can i achieve this. Number of approvers may increase based on some conditions.

Any Idea's or suggestions to do...

Thanks,

Bhanu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes it's possible. With enhacement spot - /SAPSRM/BD_WF_PROCESS_CONFIG - i can control the process levels depending, in my case, the items in the SC.

Method: /SAPSRM/IF_EX_WF_PROC_CONFIG~CREATE_PROCESS_LEVEL_CONFIG

CALL METHOD io_level_service->create_process_level

CHANGING

cs_process_level = cs_process_level.

For example if you have a schema with 2 step approvals, if you activate this BADI you can control the process levels. You have acess to purchasing document.

In my case i have 3 different schemas and i map this schemas with a function module.

Regards,

Mário.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

In my case i can not use schema evaluation and process level check because,

1) I am combining items based on catalogid and after that based on account assignment category. Top level validation will be at catalog id and lower level validation at account assignment category. ( In case of Schema evaluation)

2) To check validity of process levels i have to define certain number of process level, but i dont know how many process levels i need to define ( because number approval steps will be determined at runtime and it is not static. )

I feel i can used BADI /SAPSRM/BD_WF_PROCESS_CONFIG for this purpose.

At the same time I have implemented BADI ' BD_WF_RESP_RESOLVER' to achieve my first condition.

I am really confused how to use the BADI specified by you... my breakpoint in that BADI is getting triggered before SC order.

Could you guys please let me know in more detailed way to increase number of approval ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Bhanu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried using the BADI but in vain. This BADI is getting triggered before shopping cart order.

I am not sure if i am explaining my problem in correct way. Here is the complete requirement.

PR:

1) Catalog items:

a) If item account assignment category is Asset then need to send it for approval to Asset admin, LOB ( depends on approval limit, no.of approvers may increase) and finally finance admin.

b) If item account assignment catg is costcenter, then need to send it for LOB and finance admin.

Have to combine items where cost center or asset is same.

2) Non-catalog:

a) same as above.

One PR can have catalog and non-catalog items. First level separation will be at Catalog and non catalog level.

So all catalog same account assignment items has to go through certain approvals(no. approvals will be determined based approval limit and other conditions) based on account category and same for non-catalog items also, with in the same PR.

One thing is am new to SRM, so please suggest me a process to do. so that i can complete the requirement.

Thanks,

Bhanu.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please look at a sample BADI implementation in SE19.

New BADI enhancement implementation /SAPSRM/BD_WF_PROCESS_SC.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Masa,

I did but /SAPSRM/BD_WF_PROCESS_SC is triggering before shoping cart order. But that time i will not have data to increase process levels.

Can i use same logic in BADI /SAPSRM/BD_WF_AGENTS_SC after grouping the items and finding out the approvers to create process level for each group of items? if yes please share some sample code.

At the same time, what kind of procedure will you suggest for my requirement, because I saw so many suggestions from you on this forum to most of the people:).

Please correct if i am wrong.

Thanks,

Bhanu.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

For grouping items, you can look at purchasing group example.

Enhancement Implementation: /SAPSRM/BD_WF_AGENTS_SC

BadI Implementation: /SAPSRM/BD_WF_SC_RR_PGRP

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

I am successful upto grouping, i got struck up at next level i.e. to increase number of approval levels dynamically for each group.

Regards,

Bhanu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu,

I did but /SAPSRM/BD_WF_PROCESS_SC is triggering before shopping cart order. But that time i will not have data to increase process levels?

you mean to say '/SAPSRM/BD_WF_PROCESS_SC ' is triggering only once when you click the create shopping cart link? if then please open a OSS message. this Badi should be triggered whenever you add the items in the SC.

Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to every one. Solved issue after applying SAP note ..1372031. BADI /SAPSRM/BD_WF_PROCESS_SC is getting triggered at necessary places to increase the process levels.

Thanks,

Bhanu Gattu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my case i can have multiple approvers like you. I used BADI implementation /SAPSRM/BD_WF_RESP_RESOLVER

The structure rt_approver will be populated with n approvers depending on your conditions.

Ex:

LOOP AT lt_manager_req INTO ls_manager_id.

ls_approver-approver_id = ls_manager_id-uname.

ls_approver-approver_ot = 'US'.

APPEND ls_approver TO rt_approver.

ENDLOOP.

In my case i'm reading the approvers from PPOMA.

Tell me if this helps you,

Best regards,

Mário.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have implemented the BADI specified by you to find the approvers and added to rt_approver table. But the problem i am facing is, after first approver approval automatically workitem is getting disappeared from another approver and status is changed to Document is completely approved.

How did you managed in this case?

Regards,

Bhanu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand your doubt, but that behavior is standard, it means that if you have 1 approval step even if you send this approval to 10 agents the first agent that approves the document is changed.

I think the only way of doing what you want is to have 2 step approval. 1 agent in the first approval, then the other agent in the second approval ( 2 process levels). Only after the 2º approval the document is approved.

For example in my case i have 2 steps. In the first step i'm taking the approvers from PPOMA. I send the document to 3 approvers in the first step but it doesn mean that the 3 have to approve, i only need one approval although i have 3 responsibles.

You have to review your process and maybe have more approval steps.

Regards,

Mário.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the clarification, Mario.

In my case approvers will be determined dynamically, so i can not strict to 2 or 3 level approvals. How can I increase process levels dynamically? is it possible in process controled workflow?

Please suggest..

Regards,

Bhanu.

Edited by: BHANU P R gattu on Mar 23, 2010 12:58 PM

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are 3 ways to implement it.

1. Using Schema evaluation - Schema evaluation returns schema name based on approval steps

2. Using level evaluation - Level evaluation returns true or false in each level

3. BADI - Definition /SAPSRM/BD_WF_PROCESS_CONFIG

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have only one step approval for this 2 agents when one of them approves the workflow is complete. Why dont you use 2 step approvals and map 1º and 2º approval step to both approver's? You can build an expression based in a function module and map the approvers based on your conditions.

Best regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank, Mario. In my case approvers are defined dynamically, i mean it is not fixed as 2 approvers or 3 approvers. It may go up to 10 approvers also.

Please suggest.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Bhanu.