cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have one requirement in our company, when ever the customer comes to the store and select the particular item (E.g. TV, Mobile i.e.) that time we need to check the availability in SAP for the material, plant and QTY combination, if the stock available we need to block the stock for certain time period (30 mints or 1 hr ) because no other sales man should not block the stock in the same plant .

If the sales man creates the sales order the same stock (which we block for that customer) need to assign in that sales order only.

Kindly help us how to achieve the above said process in SAP.

Thanks & Regards,

Murali.M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In the Availibility Check Configuration Path is SD-->Availibility check->Define Material Block for other Users

Here the Tick the Block Column

Block indicator for availability and requirements

Indicates whether, during the availability check, the material is blocked for other users. The block remains until the transaction responsible has been saved. It is set at material-plant level.

Please check

Regads,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

this is rare scenario,

Why do not you use MB21 tcode

and try to use 231 to block

and to reverse 232..

do a workaround to fit this into your requirement. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

You can include all stocks related to in/outward movement in availability check settings and then can run back order scheduling job may be every hour.(This will be risky if load is very high)

In such case stock which is blocked wil not be available for other orders simultaneously and then blocked stock can be released if order is not processed completely.

Thanks,

R Rathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rathi,

Thanks for the reply,

You can include all stocks related to in/outward movement in availability check settings and then can run back order scheduling job may be every hour.(This will be risky if load is very high)

kindly let me know the config seeting that where we can put the availbility check for in/out ward movement,

In such case stock which is blocked wil not be available for other orders simultaneously and then blocked stock can be released if order is not processed completely.

pls let me know how we can block the stock and if the order is not complete how we need to release the same.

Thanks& Regards,

Murali.M

madlercm
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

If you do ATP check within the sales order creation, then the confirmation is commited until you save the order. So you can keep the order open for 1/2 hour, and if the customer closes the deal, the confirmed qty. in stock is his.

Regards,

Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

Thanks for the reply,

When the customer comes to the shop and select the particular item that time we will not create the sales order in SAP.

But that time we need to block the stock for that particular Material,Once exactly customer conform that i am going to purchase the material then we need to create the sales order creates in SAP and then need to assign that blocked stock to that particular sales order.

So you can keep the order open for 1/2 hour, and if the customer closes the deal, the confirmed qty. in stock is his.

I am not understood what u you have explined. can pls explain me in the more details.

I hope you got my requirement...

Thanks& Regards,

Murali.M