cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM Inventory Creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a debate with my coworkers on how a LX26 cycle count is generated.

I contend that a bin is proposed for counting based on two precepts:

1 - that the material in the bin has been in the bin the length of time the material cycle count indicator requires before it triggers the count to occur.

2 - that the material has been in the bin without interruption long enough for the cycle count indicator to require another cycle count after the last cycle count for the same material.

My coworkers contend that the material count is required for ALL of the specific material regardless of bin or storage type at the end of the cycle count indicator.

I am looking for a definitive answer to how SAP programs/calculates/requires that bins and materials be counted according to the cycle count indicator cycle. I prefer a documented SAP paper. If that is not avialable, some other type of expert dissertation or explanation.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

LX26 searches for all materials in a storage type marked for cycle counting within a given date interval and creates a list of storage bins for which inventory is to be taken.

In the case of mixed storage, all quants in the storage bin must be counted if one of them has a valid cycle counting indicator.

The best SAP document for this is the Program Documentation. Run LX26 and press SHIFT + F1

Hope this Helps