cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New mvt typr for customer returns while creating throws error ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends ,

I happen to try creating a new movement type by copying a movement type z53 , GI Adj for Sales

which happen to be customized one and created long back .

Know Business requested for creating a new movment type by copying the existing one for Customer returns

I tried copying the same and saving ,Got error message

" Specify the key within the work Area "

what it implieas and how to proceed ?

Any guidance would be very helpful indeed and awarded accordingly

Thanks in advance -

Regards

Adarsh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Goto t code OMJJ and enter the movement type to be copied give it the range as Z51 to new movement type (ex Z52)

after that copy the moveemnt type Z51 it solve your issue

Regards

Damu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Damodar ,

Thanks for the Answer but already i have tried through OMJJ only and heppen to get this error message

INcidentlaly im not able to bypass this error since Z54 /z55 / z56 / z57 / z58 are already existing and Z59 was earlier made befor upgradation and now it is also not being accepted

Thanks and regards,

Adarsh Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adarsh,

Follow the steps given below. Suppose you want to make movement type Z60 with the copying reference of 561.

Go to OMJJ --> Field selection pop up screen will come --> Select movement type --> Enter --> Next pop up screen will come "Determine work area entry" --> Select From 561 To Z60 --> Enter --> Select 561 --> Choose "Copy As" --> Next screen "In the field Movement Type" --> Fill up Z60 --> Enter --> A pop up screen come "Specify object to be copied" --> Choose copy all

Please try and revert back with your findings.

Regards,

MT

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adarsh,

In OMJJ give "From" as the movement type which you want to copy and in "To" you give the movement type you want to create. Once you get in the screen, you can copy the existing movement type and create the new movement type.

Thanks n Regards,

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prasad but that option already i have tried long back but it is not worable in my case

Please refer to the last post ,that option has solved my Problem ,I am able to save the changes in Transport request

Hope this helps

Any way thanks for the errorts shown

Thanks and regards

ADarsh

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Follow the instructions as specified in note 68585 which says

Summary

Symptom

Customizing of inventory management 'New movement types': when you attempt to create a new help text for a movement type, error message SV033 'Specify the key within the work area' is generated, even if you selected all movement types when calling the 'New movement types' function.

The entered transaction is not 'MB11'.

Additional key words

V_157H_VC

Cause and prerequisites

Program error.

Solution

1. Implement the correction in program L0MB2I10.

2. Change screen SAPL0MB2 0008 and generate the screen.

Transaction MB11:

Note that the error message is still generated if you attempt to maintain allowed movement types or help texts for transaction MB11. You cannot maintain transaction MB11 via Customizing. It is intended for internal SAP purposes only and it is not included in the inventory management menu. If you would like to create entries for transaction MB11, you have to maintain these using SM31 for the tables T158B and T157H.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi