cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

controller references

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have very basic doubts regarding Webdynpro classes and mehods. Im new to ABAP objects also.

1) First of all if I'm writing any program, i should know what are the standard classes and methods available for this scenario, How to find this...

for example when I started working on ALV in webdynpro.. I dnt know what are the classes available to do this. Once I search forum I came to know what I have to use. But what is the normal way to find?

2) in the following code, "wd_this" represents local controller interface.

" wd_this->wd_cpuse_select_options( )" means we want to call this method "wd_cpuse_select_options( )" from the local controller interface. but if i double click the method, I didnt find this method at all to see its defnition.

data lo_comp_usage type ref to if_wd_component_usage.

lo_comp_usage = wd_this->wd_cpuse_select_options( ).

Is my understanding correct? I'm going through Object oriented concepts also, but I'm not a fast learner. Pls. bear with me.

Warm Regards,

Smitha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To determine the classes corresponding to UI elements you can right click on the respective UI element which is added to your rootuilement container and select ' Display UI document'.

Most of the classes in WD follow the naming convention

CL_WD_*

Also interfaces for component controller, view, node etc have term WD in between, you can do a wildcard search for this.

Also when you create a webdynpro component, local class which implement the interface for component controller, view, window are created, that is why you are not able to see methods of wd_this.

To see the methods of wd_this ( component controller ) check interface IF_WD_COMPONENT.

When you create attributes, context nodes, component usages, automatically some default constants will be created in your component controller implementation class

In your case wd_this->wd_cpuse_select_options( ). is nothing but a component controller class constant attribute as you must have used component IF_WD_SELECT_OPTIONS in your comp controller.

I hope that explanation clears your doubt.

For more details you can refer to WD online help.

Regards

Manas Dua

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manas,

Yeah, I have used IF_WD_SELECT_OPTIONS. I think what ever name you give in your component use column, the following method name will be same as that.

wd_this->wd_cpuse_select_options( )".

When I try to see the corresponding classes of the UI elements, I'm getting a message , " No vlaues found".

Do I need to make any setting to see the UI Doucment?

Warm Regards,

Smitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Exactly, framework will genearte constant based on names you give in component use, context nodes etc..

You can access the UI Document from WD online help also.

Here is the link for all [UI help Documents|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/EN/cd/422b035f01914e80251a660e39ab14/frameset.htm]

Regards

Manas Dua

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Manas.

Answers (0)