cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refresh data in another view

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've 2 views in a window.When action is completed in the 2-nd window, I want to show the order number from this view to a text view elenent of the first view . I bound the value of this element to a component contrller attribute and update the value after the action in the second view. But as the action is happening only in the 2-nd view, the values in the first view is not getting refreshed and still shows a blank value. How can I force the first view also to automatically refresh and show the new value?

Thanks,

Ramesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Declare your context in the component controller and map the context in view1 and view2. When the action happens on the second view, update the context attribute. This context attribute is shared in the view1 too, so it will automatically get changed.

Cheers,

Ravikiran

[My Blogs|http://www.divulgesap.com/profile.php?u=Mg==]

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is exactly what I'm doing. But the text element still shows the old valiue. I think , I though I could write some code in the 'Modifyview' of the view 1. But this code is not hit as the view 1 is not refreshed. Is there a way I can force the refresh of view 1 when some action is happening in view 2?

former_member187452
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Bind the attribute with the new value , then it will get reflected in view 1

Regards,

Bharat