cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CV04N Global Variant

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created a global variant in CV04N for a search that is done daily, but after I did this the standard global settings for CV04N no longer came up, any ideas? We ended up deleting my variant and the defaults were restored. When we look in the variant section there are no variants, so we have no way to set a defualt without creating one first...? Any help would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Kristy,

do you mean a global layout variant for th result list or a variant for search criterias?

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes a global layout variant. When I created one, the standard layout wasn't there. When I deleted my global variant the standard layout was there. But there didn't seem to be a standard default layout like there is with other searches.

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Kristy,

The reason for this behavior is that CV04N is a bit different then other search functions in the SAP system. Since you have maintained a global layout it has to be also maintained as default. If there are more global layouts at least one needs to be set as default.

To avoid any issues within the display of the CV04N result please set at least one global layout as default in transaction CV04n. So first you have to execute a document search and if the empty result list is displayed go to menu, under Settings -> Layout -> Management and set one layout as default.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes this is what we figured. Thanks for the answer.

Answers (0)