cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

to give target dirctory path and file name in QA and Prod

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

I am using file adapter at receiver side .the file is ctreated in local folder . I have given the related path and file name by which it should be created..

no my scnario move to QA frm DEV when I have imported the scenario in ID the related path and file name is not coming ...

Do I need to give this path name and file name manually for QA and DEV?

plz

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, you need to give the communication channel parameters manually once we transport the object from DEV to QA. Similarly for QA to PRD also.

Regards,

Rama

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gangadhar,

> Do I need to give this path name and file name manually for QA and DEV?

Yes. we have to give the path name and file name manually because the path is different for dev, QA and Prod system.

you have to give the file name and file path manually in the QA and Prod systems.

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved

zameerf
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gangadhar,

Yes, we have to manually configure the filename and directory path for the channel in each new environment after the transports are done.

Regards,

Zameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gangadhar,

When you do the transport from Dev system to QA, you might have activated the change list. At this time you might have observed that the target directory having a value as "/".

Yes we need to manually edit the path.

the file is ctreated in local folder

i assume that you are using FTP, for QA and onwards .. you can use same FTP for all the system (except PROD,not adviced generally:))

So , Edit the path with the actual path pointing the location where you need to place the files and test ur scenario.

Regards,

srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gangadhar,

Yes you are correct. All the communication channel parameters you need to give manually once you import from DEV to QA and from QA to Prod. This is because the channel parameters will be different for each system (usually).

Regards,

---Satish

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you have to maintain the values in QA and PROD!

~Raj.