cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RZ10 change log

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to find out who changed value of parameter abap/buffersize and when it was changed. I gather transaction RZ10 or RZ04 and just navigate to RZ10 from there. Table TPFYPROPTY which has some parameter data is not logged. Where can I see the change log?

Thank you,

Mike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone seen a case where parameter changes via RZ10 overwrite entries in the profile file?  We updated a couple of parameters and the update wiped out all our SAP executables.  The profile files are meant to be updated only via RZ10 or other SAP programs or the like and not manually maintained but rather than SAP doing and APPEND it OVERWROTE essential entries that were also automatically generated.

How do we prevent this from happening in future?

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Trec,

I believe you have to open a new thread for your question.

This existing thread is not only very old, but has nothing to do with what you are asking .

Regards,

Isaías

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Parameter logging can be done by observing some tables where your changes are captured. There are some tables in SAP where the changes to the parameters are stored. We can also have the details like who changed the parameter, when did he changed, date and time of modification, date and time of activation, who has activated the changed values etc... using the profile name and version number in selection screen you can filter the data in tables as required and observe the value changes for parameters.

Below are the Tables :

TPFET - Table of profile parameters

TPFHT - Profile header, administration data for profiles in DB

Hope this is what your looking for and this is the perfect solution to understand your issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike

If this person changes parameter value in RZ10, you could find out when you try to modify this parameter that it'll show you the previous value and operator was.

If this person changes in profiles(instance or default) directly, then there's no such kind of log to trace who and what changed unless you could tell by the profile file property or attribute like last time change by somebody, etc...

Regards,

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Changes are writen to the profile you can see it in RZ10 including the name of the last person who change the parameter and the old value.

Regards

Juan