cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help in Alerts

diego_gabriel
Participant
0 Kudos

I have an alert that is triggered when an error occurs in my sender FTP adapter.

The alert is created and I can see it in my alert inbox. However, in SOST transaction, the content of mail is different. The subject is "<MyRuleName> (The triggering application determined you as a recipient)", and the body doesn't have my text defined in ALRTCATDEF.

Can someone help me with this problem?

Regards,

Diego Estanguini Gabriel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when you create your alert in ALRTCATDEF you specify two things short text and long text.

The short text comes as the mail subject and long text appears to be the content of the mail.So specify the long text with your runtime variables like sender business system,comm channel and all.

Cheers,

Abhishek.

diego_gabriel
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for response.

I believe that I have not explained properly.

Everything I write in ALRTCATDEF appears correctly in my Alert Inbox (RWB): The sort text appears in sort text tab, the long text appears in long text tab and the subject of mail is correct too.

But the mail that I receive doesn't has these informations. I receive just the Possible Subsequent Activities.

Even if I write a fixed text in ALRTCATDEF, it doesn't come in my e-mail ... but it appears in my alert inbox.

Regards,

Diego E. Gabriel

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

diego_gabriel
Participant
0 Kudos

I found the cause of my problem. It is the last post of this blog: language ( [; ).

And the problem with the SXMS_TO_ADAPTER_ERRLINES element was corrected with SAP Note 1294312.

diego_gabriel
Participant
0 Kudos

Some more information.

I have a sender ftp adapter. When the FTP Server doesn't respond, I want trigger an alert with the message that appears in the communication channel.

When I get the error message with the container element SXMS_TO_ADAPTER_ERRTXT, the message is truncated after 80 characters. When I use SXMS_TO_ADAPTER_ERRLINES, the element isn't filled.

But no matter what I write on ALRTCATDEF, the user receives a blank mail, with another subject. It like SCOT/SOST change the content of mail, because is everything OK on alert inbox.

Thank in advance,

Diego E. Gabriel