cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The differences between TDMS for ERP and TDMS for BI/CRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did the TDMS for ERP sevearl times and now I want to know how different is ERP TDMS from BI/CRM TDMS?

Are there any blogs and links available? I have the opreration guide for TDMS which is not so detailed.

Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Jessica,

I found this information in the operation guide :

====================================================================

Like in TDMS for ERP, the application tables that usually contain the largest data volume are

reduced based on a cut-off date. To keep business process data as consistent as possible, One

Order objects in CRM are reduced with special fill header programs. This is the only business

object in CRM that is reduced with fill header programs, because this is a generic object that is

used in various business processes in CRM.

CRM connects external components (ERP, BI, others), but also CRM-internal subcomponents

(mobile clients; billing engine; entitlements manager u2026) asynchronously through middleware using

BDOC technology. BDOCs are queued and processed asynchronously. To keep the test CRM

synchronous with productive CRM, it is important that BDOC queues in the sender system are

empty before data selection starts.

====================================================================

You can find this information under - TDMS for CRM in the latest operations guide.

Please also check - Consistency among different component. Another difference is explained.

Best Regards

Niraj

Edited by: Niraj Kumar Soni on Mar 25, 2010 6:01 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The difference is not much, the concept is the same only objects and how they are handled is different. If you have some functional knowledge on BI/CRM then it should be easy.

Regards

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you direct me to some blogs about CRM TDMS and BI TDMS? Thanks!