cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALRTCATDEF table SALRTCATUS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ladies/Gentlemen,

I'm new to PI, and was wondering if someone could shed some light for me on the "Alerts Recipients" within ALRTCATDEF.

To be specific, from all the blogs and help guides from SAP and others that I've read, I found that it is recomended to create a container object within any custom alert created therein pointing to the Alert Recipients table (SALRTCATUS). However, the consultant who created the custom alerts did not create such an object. The alerts generated an email that was sent to corporate email boxes of the listed recipients as defined in the profile (SU01). As such, I assumed that the system simply defaulted to this table (SALRTCATUS). This was tested in Development as well as in QA in PI. However, when the changes were tranported into Prodcution, only the consultant was receiving the emails despite having other usernames listed in the table. She "fixed" the problem but was not forthcoming with the solution.

Here are my questions:

>>Does the system default to the table, or should the table be specified?

>>If the table of recipients must be specified, where should this be done if not in the container objects?

>>If all the settings transported into production matched those in PID/PIQ, then why did it initially fail to send an email out to the complete list? (I did check SCOT/SOST to vefiry transmission settings and activity!)

If there's a blog, a Wiki or a guide that I missed, then please reference it so I might go over it.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member669154
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi
I added recipient in ALRTCATDEF "fixed recipient" in dev and created na transport to BHQ but upon successfully transported in BHQ and check the ALRTCATDEF "fixed recipient" is not updated.

please help on what is the missing process here.

Thank you in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hopefully, this will be helpful for anyone who runs into such a situation or any anything similar to it.

It turns out that it's an authorization issue, where the users were unable to receive said messages as a result of changes carried out by the consultant. Those changes were confirmed by scruitinizing the security parameters for all listed users, including the consultant's. The Security Administrator confirmed this, including the wide-open access and made changes to restrict that access.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for both replies Shabarish. They were useful, and answered two of the questions. However, I'm still wondering if anyone has an idea as to why it initially did not send out an email alert despite the table being populated with all the recipients? As mentioned earlier, only the consultant was receiving them from among all those listed in the table.

Before the transport was moved in, only the consultant was listed as a recipient. After the transport was moved in, and was verified, the consultant was still the only one receiving them despite the table being populated and the profiles verified. So:

Could it have been an authorization issue that prevented the emails from going out to everyone?

Or could it have been a cache refresh issue (if such a thing is possible with such a transport) where the chached data refrenced the old table data instead? (The table resides on the ABAP stack, but could the Java portion of the mechanism suffered the disconnect in terms of cached data?)

Again, thanks for the replies.

Edited by: MohamadS on Mar 22, 2010 8:43 PM

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

some references for you;

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--troubleshooting-guide

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step

Alert configuration to receive email

/people/pravesh.sharma/blog/2009/07/02/configuration-for-forwarding-alerts-as-emails

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

for receiving alerts;

1. In case of using subscriptions, the user has been subscribed to the Alert

2. In case of using fixed recipients, the user should be added to the list

the both can be checked in ALRTCATDEF and Alert inbox subscriptions list

The table SALRTCATUS is updated on doing any of the above activity