cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM 7 - How to convert Bidder to Supplier.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SRM 7 I have created a bidder with Create Bidder option within Business Partner.

Now I would like to convert this bidder to Supplier.

Any idea how can I do it?

The supplier list does not list the bidders, and the edit bidder option does not allow to mark it as a supplier in business parter type section.

Please guide.

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Muthu,

There is a 'convert to' option availabe when you select the bidder in query by which bidder can be converted to supplier.

Sandeep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

We are going to implement SUS with SAP SRM 7.0 and I would a have a question related to your last answer, probably you could help me to confirm.

We will use the RFx Submission Outside the SAP SRM Firewall that will allow bidders to submit RFx responses and bids outside the SAP SRM system firewall.

I already opened a thread with some question related to the contact person maintance in SUS and to the bidder/supplier creation in the system once the interested supplier has been accepted for participating to the bid/contracts.

My question is the following:

Will the convert button used in SRM convert the created bidder in a supplier and also transfer his data to ECC?

My concern is about the transferring of the bidder data to ECC to ensure also the same supplier code is created in ECC from the SRM bidder.

To have more details about my question you can also have a look to mention thread: http://scn.sap.com/message/13238409#13238409

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Valentino

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Valentino,

Did you resolve your issue?  If so, how did you end up designing your process / solution?  Did you have to build anything custom?  I have very similar requirements.

cheers,

AD

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

every supplier will have bidders .

but why are you expecting supplier list must have bidders?

bidder is a just contact person on behalfof vendor.

supplier list/ contracts are source of supply not have the contact person.

br

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Muthu,

I apologize, itu2019s not supplier list, I mean when I check the supplier query it does not consider bidder (which is correct as they are not marked as supplier).

So how do we convert the bidder to supplier?

SRM 7 does not have Manage Business Partner option like SRM 5 where we can convert bidder to supplier.

Sandeep

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

i dont know it is still inscrutable for me .

that option in convr.to in manage business partner.

1.bring the vendor from ECC

2. create a Bidder for Vendor in SRM by web transaction or programs.

--

however srm server -bid invitation-> activate temporary contact persons or badi fill_dummy_contactperson.

=---

Manual Maintenance

Master data for external business partners (such as bidders and suppliers) can be created based on a registration application from an employee of the business partner company.

Registration applications are forwarded using workflow to the purchaser or system administrator responsible for approval. If approved, the user must create the appropriate master data or user data.

The purchaser or system administrator responsible must be defined in the workflow as the employee responsible.

The organizational plan must have been created and contains an organizational unit to which the employee can assign the external business partner.

For more information, see Approval Workflow for Creating External Users.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm2007/helpdata/en/74/344c430fab4d0bbc30996d56cc293a/frameset.htm

br

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Muthu,

Let me explain you the business scenario.

A potential supplier registers themselves in SRM via supplier registration system. Business reviews the questionnaire and would like to accept him as a bidder to participate in bidding process however he would be considered as a valid vendor only if he is awarded the bid.

Till that time he is only a valid bidder. So no ERP vendor is created for him.

Once the bidding process is complete and it has been decided to award the bid, business would go ahead and create a vendor in ERP and now needs to map manually in SRM supplier. So that follow-on document PO or contact can be created.

Therefore we would like to convert the bidder into a supplier.

Note: If we transfer the supplier from Supplieru2019s directory. System automatically creates the accepted potential business partner as bidder and supplier.

However one can create bidder with create bidder option.

Sandeep

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Sandeep !!

i understood now.

learnt from you that in ROS screening accept as a bidder rather supplier till he involve real business.

later you convert this bidder to vendor ..

i am sorry. i am not very familiar with ros process.

thanks for making me very understood well.

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Your Business scenario similar to ours. Can you please give me some input for my doubt.

As per my understanding you will have two different number exists( BP Number in SRM and Vendor Number in ECC). I know you can link both the numbers through Manage Supplier in the SRM. Which number going to user in the backend system (Contract and Invoice Documents).

Is there any other way to create same number is in ECC and SRM as well (Assign the Bidder to the replicated ECC vendor in the SRM system) .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu ,Sandeep and Laasya ..

I have developed a custom solution for the same scenario in one of my current customer.. Here is the high level technical details.. As Sandeep explained.. the bidder will become supplier once Buyer Award the Rfx Response for the first time and to be able to create follow on documents ( Based on option that you choose at the time of creating RFx ( Bid invitation ) )... The big GAP in SAP is , Bidder and Supplier will only remain in SUS / SRM and there is no standard process to transfer the Supplier to ECC for ECC PO reference, But I have developed a custom workflow in Process Controlled workflow which will kick off to create the Vendor in ECC via Idoc once buyer award the bidder RFx Response..

Regards,

Saravanan.