cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Document Token

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am able to run a report without logging into CMC. I used opendocument .net web site. However, when I attach the token, the prompt values don't get passed.

The prompt value work when I don't pass the token, but when I append the token they don't work.

For example:

Case 1

======

http://dep-bo/OpenDocument/opendoc/opendocument.aspx?sKind=FullClient&sType=rpt&iDocID=3653&lsMSelec...

In the above case, I am not passing the token. I am prompted to login. After I login, the report is correctly shows results for "Somerset" and "Atlantic" counties. No prompt box comes up (which is want I want".

Case 2

=======

http://dep-bo/OpenDocument/opendoc/opendocument.aspx?sKind=FullClient&sType=rpt&iDocID=3653&lsMSelec...

In this second case, I am attaching a valid token. When I do that, I am NOT prompted to login. However, the prompt screen comes up instead of report result. The prompt asks to select the counties. I am passing the counties in the URL.. It should work the same way as Case 1.

Can you help me with this?

I am creating the token this way:

enterpriseSession =

sessionMgr.Logon(strUSER, strPASS, strCMS, strAUTH);

iStore = (InfoStore)enterpriseSession.GetService("InfoStore");

userInfo = enterpriseSession.UserInfo;

strTOKEN =

enterpriseSession.LogonTokenMgr.CreateLogonTokenEx("", 10, 100);

Imran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Imran,

There are a few possible issues with both of your OpenDoc URLs. Have you looked at the OpenDocument article that describes OpenDoc parameter syntax? If not, here's the link: [Viewing Reports and Documents using URLs|http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir31/en/xi3-1_url_reporting_opendocument_en.pdf].

OpenDocument URL parameters are case sensitive. The "token" parameter is lower case. You're using an upper case T.

You're using "sKind=FullClient". This parameter is required for a Full Client document, however there is no corresponding sType document type. Try dropping the "sType=rpt" parameter.

Multiple prompt values for your "lsM" parameter should be separated by a comma, not a semicolon. See page 24 in the OpenDocument article.

For troubleshooting I usually suggest stripping down the URL to the bare minimum. In this case it would be the iDocID and sType URL parameters (since sType is required for FullClient documents). This should prompt for Enterprise logon and parameters. Now add in the valid "token" value. Now this should prompt for just the parameters. Finally, add the lsM[parameter] URL parameter value. Make sure to test with a comma separator, not a semicolon.

Does this help resolve the issue?

Sincerely,

Dan Kelleher

ted_ueda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One of the things to keep in mind is that prompt value format is dependent on document type. This is for backwards compatibility reasons, since different URL reporting technologies were merged with XI from old BusinessObjects 6.5 and Crystal Enterprise 10.

It's not clear what type of document you're using, since FullClient denotes Desktop Intelligence documents, and rpt represents Crystal Reports.

For Crystal Reports, multi-values are comma-separated and each value bracketed with square brackets (\[One\],\[Two\],\[Three\]) while Web Intelligence/Desktop Intelligence are semicolon-separated with no bracketing (One;Two;Three).

You'd first specify only one type. Then also add sRefresh=Y to force a refresh (to ensure you're not looking at any old data).

If you still encounter this issue, the recommendation is to open a support case with SAP, since there'd been several fixes for OpenDocument.

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I found the solution. We have to have

"service=%2fOpenDocument%2fappService.aspx" , "isApplication=true" and "appKind=InfoView" need to be part of the URL.

The multivalue can be separated by ";" only if they numbers. However, I found that if they are alphanumeric, they need to be separated by ";". This is only in regards to BO or Webi report. This is conflicting with the online instruction found in "Viewing Reports and Documents using URLs"

In addition, If you have iDOCid, don't need DocName.

The tag number was put in as it was generated by the tag function. I did not try all small case or capital. However, that may be worth a try.

Also, I got rid of sKind and replaced it with sType.

Imran

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having the same issue and I wonder if anyone has any pointers?

When I send the URL with the single prompt response &lsSPrompt0=1234567 it works fine but I have to login to InfoView.

So I created a login token .jsp and that took care of the login for InfoView, but it also killed my prompt value.

The code that I got from another site that does the same thing I WANT to do seems to create a cookie to store the passed prompt value in, then it creates a login token, then it assembles it all in the redirect URL and sends it to the openDocument.jsp.

The login token works like a champ, but the prompt value (initially passed in to the cookie as "Prompt0") ends up passing from the Redirect URL to the openDocument.jsp with a value of NULL (lsSPrompt0=NULL).

In my lack of knowledge, I am thinking maybe it has something to do either with how the cookie is being created, how it is being passed, or how/if it is getting stored at the target.  The cookie/token.jsp and the openDocument.jsp are in different folders on the same domain.

So, I pass this URL:

http://server:8080/InfoViewApp/token.jsp?&lsSPrompt0=1234567

The token.jsp that it hits looks like this:

(I hope that image works, it wouldn't let me paste the code in this reply)... So, the redirect winds up hitting the target looking like this:

http://server:8080/OpenDocument/opendoc/openDocument.jsp?token=logonToken&iDocID=45227708&sKind=Full...

Obviously, my problem is this:  lsSPrompt0=NULL

Any pointers or nuggets of wisdom are GREATLY appreciated?

Also of note, I wasn't sure if I needed to publish this token.jsp as a Webapp to Tomcat.

I just placed the .jsp file in the folderTomcat5.5/webapps/InfoViewApp (same location as the client who has it working).

Do I need to publish it?  Is that part of the problem?

I am a little out of my realm here but trying to learn!

Thanks in advance,

Randy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the incomplete post... we are BOXI R2, Tomcat 5.5, JAVA (but I also have a server set up with XI 3.0 and I am having the same issue there).

And the picture of the jsp code is really blurry, but if you click on it then it brings up a nice clear image!

Thanks in advance,

Randy