cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid license for Java AS 7.01 SP03 J2EE-Engine_ADA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having some problems with a license for a Java AS 7.01 SP03.

Licenses for J2EE-Engine_ADA and Maintenance_ADA has been generated as described in note 870871 and license file from SAP has been received.

The license gets installed through Visual Admin without any problems ("License installed sucessfully"), but when you view it afterward the value validity is set to "invalid". I have not found any log entry indicating why the license is invalid.

All other fields are filled correctly and both SID and hardware key match.

Just before the system restarts automatically it logs the following

com.sap.engine.core.licensing.impl0.LicensingManagerImpl.checkLicense(String)#######Thread[Thread-34,5,main]##0#0#Error#1#/System/Server#Java###The installed license for software product "" is NOT valid. The concerned component may only run with restricted functionality. In case of "J2EE-Engine" the system will shut down.#1#J2EE-Engine_ADA#

From note 1374965 I see that there are some fixes for licensing in SP05 (though none directly relevant), but would prefer not to upgrade unnecessary.

Anyone experiencing the same or have any workarounds?

Regards

Dagfinn

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Managed to resolve it myself, just before I gave up.

I turned on full logging for location com.sap.engine.core.licensing through visual admin-> log configurator

There I saw

com.sap.engine.core.licensing.impl0.LicensingManagerImpl##com.sap.engine.core.licensing.impl0.LicensingManagerImpl.likey package#Administrator#8##n/a##77dc1c6035b911dfc3fd001e4f9e516d#SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_32##0#0#Path##Plain###The license key for system "EWZ", hardware key "01145643903", product "J2EE-Engine_ADA" is invalid: the hardware key doesn't match "O1145643903".#

As you can see the hardware key starts with the letter O, while when the license was requested it was typed as the number 0 (by someone other than me )