Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

** Logical Port in Client Proxy

jegathees_waran
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am doing proxy to web service scenario. My proxy is client proxy. After I created proxy, I checked that. There is no standard method 'EXECUTE_ASYNCHRONUS'. I read the Michal's blog /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2009/06/20/pixi-abap-proxies-say-goodbye-to-executeasynchronous-method and understand that this method is not created. The reason is that SAP_BASIS support package level is 15. (Release 700) in our R/3 ECC 6.0 system.

Now, I am not able to test my proxy from SPROXY tcode. It asks Logical Port.

1. Can you tell me, what is logical port ? How do I create this in LPCONFIG tcode ?

2. Once this is done, can I call the class with the method like in older version ?

3. Currently I am getting the information 'No vendor specified' while test proxy withe empty logical port.

Expecting your reply.

Kind regards,

Jegathees P.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Creation of Logical Port using LPCONFIG is explained in this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/16/285d32996b25428dc2eedf2b0eadd8/content.htm.

Please ignore/delete .. sorry for the repeated post .. browser was struck

Please let me know how i can delete this.

Regards,

srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

be careful. The transaction LPCONFIG seems not to be supported any more in PI 7.1.

If you use PI 7.1 than you have to create a logical port via SOAMANAGER.

Regards,

Iris

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jegathees_waran
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Thank you to all. I don't have authorization for LPCONFIG tcode.

Now, without port it is working. Proxy reaches PI. I am going through the links which you provided to understand the purpose of logical port.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jegathees,

I have the same problem now.

you mean that without port you can test your client proxy? how to get it?

thanks and regards

Rene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rene,

If a logical port is not configured, the X/PI Runtime will be used instead.

In Jegathees' case, this is probably what happened. If you want to route your message through PI then you need to make sure that you are pointing to your Integration Server (i.e. PI), on ECC use transaction code SXMB_ADM --> Integration Engine Configuration. Role of Business System should be "Application System" and "Corresp. Integration Server" should be your PI server.

You will see when you test your client proxy (using TCode SPROXY) you have the option of choosing XI Runtime - or - Logical port too.

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Creation of Logical Port using LPCONFIG is explained in this link http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/16/285d32996b25428dc2eedf2b0eadd8/content.htm. It can also be created using SOAMANAGER.

Regards,

srinivas