Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table Groups

kmoore007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to group my table output to have a GROUP and then the details underneath the group. I have seen some SDN solutions about using Control levels or nested tables. The problem with these is the control levels are part of the table details. I want the control levels (or groups) as a separate row and then the details below. Like this:

|Group One| |Group text|

col1

col2

col3

col4

col1

col2

col3

col4

col1

col2

col3

col4

col1

col2

col3

col4

|Group Two| |Group text|

col1

col2

col3

col4

col1

col2

col3

col4

col1

col2

col3

col4

col1

col2

col3

col4

But when I try nested tables or control levels I get this (it includes the group as part of the table):

Group One

Group text

col1

col2

col3

col4

Group One

Group text

col1

col2

col3

col4

Group One

Group text

col1

col2

col3

col4

Group One

Group text

col1

col2

col3

col4

Group Two

Group text

col1

col2

col3

col4

Group Two

Group text

col1

col2

col3

col4

Group Two

Group text

col1

col2

col3

col4

Group Two

Group text

col1

col2

col3

col4

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well... to speed this up, you can contact me directly if you want. Send me the form and we can discuss how to change it the way you need. Imho this should take us 5 minutes at most. Otto

kmoore007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Otto, I sent you a SAPLINK nugget with my form and interface. Thanks for the help.

kmoore007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, so far no luck. Anyone else with ideas how to make this work?

scott_stefanich
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

I have been lucky enough to only require the nested table fields in adjacent columns as shown in the form sample snippet at:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/9.0/designerHelp/index.htm?content=000210.html

but I have previously accomplished this scenario. I believe the trick was to:

(1) Define the data structure as a table within a table

(2) Use a positioned subform inside the flowed subform in which the table is wrapped. The positioned subform allows you to move the nested table below the other fields.

It's been awhile so I'm looking through my notes and will provide an update if I find specifics.

--- Scott

kmoore007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Scott,

Thanks for the reply. When I pass a nested table structure from the context the Adobe Designer will not let me wrap the data row/body in a subform. When I right-click on the data row, wrap in subform is not an option.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you miss a last little thing.

Follow me:

1) place header group one + text into the subform A

2) place col1-col4 into subform B

3) wrap these two into a new subform (parent), subform C

4) for C: content = flowed, direction top to bottom

5) for A, B, content: flowed, direction western text

That should do the wrap for you.

Otto

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I second Robert here, you should create the data in the structure you want to display it in the form. That simplify the things a lot, spare time for you and the problems as well. Have you played with the content: flowed, direction: top to bottom/ western text and height/ width: autofit?

Regards Otto

kmoore007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Otto, I have played with the flowed setting. Haven't messed with direction or autofit. I have gotten very close to getting this done with nested subforms. But not quite there yet (or maybe ever).

I have joined the Google Livecycle forum and hope to get a reply there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have spun my wheels on this before and admitted defeat.

I wound up creating an internal table on the backend just the way I want it printed, and passed that to Adobe.

If you are bent on pursuing this further, there are Adobe-specific forums outside of SDN where you can ask a question like this.

You can head over to Google groups where there is a particularly helpful group called livecycle.

This is where I go if I'm stuck on something inside Adobe that has no real pertinence to SAP.