Code groups, codes & selected sets during UD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

Can I create my own catalog types.

I have created my own catalog types.

1) For Usage Decision (R)

2) For Defets recording (P)

During defect recording the system is picking the code groups & codes created by me and which are assigned . It is not showing other ones.

But during Usage decision it is picking all the code groups, codes & selected sets attached to standard UD catalog "3".

I am unable to understand how the system is behaving like this.

I have created my own notification type Y1. I have created my Catalog profile (YQM000001).

I have assigned this profile to inspection type.

I have assigned this notification type to inspection type.

In the catalog profile YQM000001, I have assigned two catalogs (R & P).

In catalogs & catalog profile for notification type, problems field assigned the catalog type "P".

One more issue while recording the defects I am getting notification type as Y1 (created by me) but the catalog profile is showing standard one "QM0000001".

I am unable to understand these all. Do anybody has got any solution.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Usage decisions use catalog type 3.

To the best of my knowledge you cannot influcene that.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

Dear Friends,

Is it so that we can not create our own catalog for usage decision?

There will be solution to my queries. But I am unable to find.

Could anybody pls guide?

Regards

Anuradha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anuradha,

There is no need to create separate catalog type for your problem of displaying specific UD codes while giving user decision. You can assign the specific 'UD selected set' from catalog type 3 ( User decision) in SPRO ' Maintain inspection type' for QM. Following is the path you can assign the desired UD option you need to see while recording UD:

SPRO >> Quality Management >> Quality Inspection >> Inspection lot creation >> Maintain inspection types >>execute >> select the inspection type say '01' and view details >> there will be field UD selected set, assign the specific selected set made for your plant and save.

By doing this when you go for giving any UD, codes defined by you only will be displayed (not all).

Didn't understand your issue related to notification, but in same above screen you can also assign notification type for particular insp. type.

Looking at your requirement there is no need to create separate insp type or notification type just make proper use of existing one and do proper assignment.

Please let me know if you have any problem in resolving this.

Best Regards,

Shekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shekhar,

Thanks for cooperation.

I got my answar.

But will there be any effect in standard if I delete other selected sets which are not relevant for my plant.

My second query is in the notification screen I am getting my own notification type but it is showing the standard catalog profile while I have assigned a Y profile in the notification type.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No need to delete the selected sets in other plant, just activate the indicator "selected set in same plant" in the config.Use this path -

SPRO - QM -Q. insp - insp lot creation - maintain insp type

And you will see the s. sets in your plant only.

Change the catalog profile in config for your notification type. follow this path -

SPRO -QM -Q. noti. -noti. creation - noti. type - define noti. type.

Vishal

Edited by: VISHAL JONNALWAR on Mar 23, 2010 7:43 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vishal,

Thanks a ton.

Its really amazing. My problem is solved.

I am getting my own selected sets during UD.

But during defects recordiong the system is showing standard catalog profile as QM00000001?

I have assigned the Y catalog profile to my own created notification type.

Update group (stats)--33

Can I use standar catalog type for defects recording (9). I should see only my defet codes.

Is it possible.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anuradha,

Have you checked the setting in SPRO which I suggested.Also check the following path -

SPRO -QM - Q. Insp. - insp lot creation - maintain insp type - select the insp type - go to details . here in the inspection results tab check here which notification type is assigned. If not the one you have created, change it and then try.

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anuradha,

No need to delete other selected sets, let it be there, infact if you have used those sets some where system will not allow you to delete the selected set / code groups.

Best way is to apply deletion tag to that selected set ( in QS51 status instead of Released put Deletion flag) this will ensure that the unwanted selected sets are not used.

Second Quarry :

To see your catalog profile in your own notification type assign that profile as follows :

SPRO >> QM >> Quality Notification >>Notification creation >> Notification content >> Catalog and catalog profile for notification >> select your notification type and then assign catalog profile in it.

Hope this will help you better.

Best Regards,

Shekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shekhar/Vishal,

Thanks a lot for your kind co-operation.

My issue is resolved.

I will be posting other issues in the next thread.

Regards

Answers (0)