SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Year-end closing

Kulsri
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are setting FM with annual budget. At the end of year we have PR/PO that consumed budget 2009. Our customer don't want to carry forward commitment budget and residual budget to 2010 as they want to using budget 2009 until GR/IR even GR/IR transaction will be record in 2010. (total separately both budget and consumed budget each year)

For example:

PR/PO create within 06/09/2009 100.- with budget commitment on 06/09/2009

GR/IR of above PO create on 02/03/2010 100.- request budget consumed by 2009

We are also using Earmarked fund and found the same problem as well.

Kindly please help how can we solve this problem.

Our current system is ECC6, using BCS and budget profile 000102 with posting date, year based for 50, 51

Yours sincerely,

Kulsri K.

Edited by: kulsri k. on Mar 22, 2010 2:28 PM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you don't use PBET (which I understand from your message), then it's possible not to carry-forward the commitments and post actuals accordingly. However, if PBET is switched on, then there is no alternative for carry-forward process; otherwise, you won't be able to post subsequent documents in 2010.

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you don't use PBET (which I understand from your message), then it's possible not to carry-forward the commitments and post actuals accordingly. However, if PBET is switched on, then there is no alternative for carry-forward process; otherwise, you won't be able to post subsequent documents in 2010.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Thanks for your advise. I have check several question familiar to my question that also had given advise PBET as your mention. However, I have tried to activate PBET by set date: 01/01/2010; period :1 in FMOD , active PO in Version management, (I don't know where is user exit EXIT_SAPLFMFA_004, so I did not do it) and change budget profile to period based but nothing happen. GR/IR or FB50 with Earmarked fund reference was record in 2010 and still using budget in 2010, not 2009 as need. Don't know what I do wrong.

Kindly please help with many thanks.

Regards,

Kulsri K.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

PBET must not be active to allow consumtion of uncarried-forward commitments with documents in the following year... But the issue is, that if your FM date is in 2010, you cannot be possibly consuming the budget of 2009. In order to consume 2009 budget, the FM date of the doucment (GR or IR) must be in 2009.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Sorry I do confuse. I did both 2 cases setting up in FMOD first is 1/1/2010 period 1 and the second is 31/12/2009 with period 12. Both of them returned the same way. FM still use budget in 2010.

Regards,

Kulsri K.

Edited by: kulsri k. on Mar 22, 2010 5:29 PM

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

PO is working now for FM posting date changed by version management (additional Version tab in ME21N) but how to post GR/IR in 2010 with 2009 budget consumed? Since I do step MIGO but no field to input FM posting date. Kindly please suggest me how to acchive it, thanks.

Regards,

Kulsri K.

0 Kudos

Can anyone help me please.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

FM posting date is taken from FI posting date by default. So, when you post your GR/IR in 2010, the FM date is defined accordingly.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Thanks for your advise.

I heard that Multi-year budget execution may help for using budget in original year. (2009 budget by this case). It also requires PBET as well. In case of this solution fit the problem, could you please guide me how step to do?

Regards,

Kulsri K.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Multi-year budget is something else. If you go for it, then the budget control is no more annual-based and I believe it's not what you are heading for.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

As you mention, so it means that there is no way to config FM to fulfill this problem, isn't it?

Have any alternative for instead? I am thinking about abap report but still concern how to separate between budget consumed from original transaction in current year and which one from previous year such as GR/IR from PO last year or expense transaction with earmarked fund from last year budget.

Regards,

Kulsri K.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

From reporting point of view, it can be traced. Another way, more organizational one, is to work with fund source (or other FM object) which will sympolize the year of the budget which was approved.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Would it be possible if you could please give me more information of working with fund source as mention.

Regards,

Kulsri K.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please, refer to this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/f0/ca36a2260211d28a430000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

I suggest you to close this thread, as it became very long and inconvenient to follow.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

That's all right. Thanks so much for this help.

Regards,

Kulsri K.