Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment to local J2EE server

michael_voss2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello everybody!

Some days ago, we switched from testing our WebDynpros on a remote J2EE server to local servers for development. So I changed my NWDI preferences (SAP J2EE Engine) from "SAP J2EEengine is installed on remote host" to "SAP J2EE engine is installed on local host" and specified system name and instance. After a rebuild, the deployment to the local engine worked o. k., but when I start the WebDynpro, I get a java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError on one of my classes. When I change the configuration back to the remote server, rebuild and deploy to the remote server, everything works fine.

I'm pretty sure I'm missing something. Can you point me into the right direction ?

Thanks a lot,

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Please repair and re-load the WD Projects when you change from SAP J2EE Engine information.

Update your server IP address and host name in host file entry at (RUN > drivers > etc > host file)

Hope it helps

Regards

Arun

michael_voss2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your hint!

I repaired and rebuilt the DCs, but was not able to locate the host file you mentinoned. The error remains almost the same, except that the NoClassDefFound exception now comes without a class name.

Where would I find that host file on a windows machine ? My J2EE is installed in E:\usr\sap\E01\JC00\j2ee\cluster\server0.

Thanks

Michael

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Please go to Start >> RUN > enter 'drivers' > etc > host file, here you need to add your serevr IP and host name.

Regards

Arun

michael_voss2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello!

Adding my workstations ip to the "hosts" file did not have any effect on the result of starting the WebDynpro, I still get a NoClassDefFoundError when I first call one of my self implemented classes. Since the workstations name resolution is done via our DNS, using the local hosts file should not be necessary. Do I have to add the server name in a specific format, which is not known to the DNS ?

Any other hints ?

Thanks

Michael

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

michael_voss2
Participant
0 Kudos

Well, dropping this for now; I'll re-post when the issue comes up again...