Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with create role template for S_SERVICE

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

I Create single role with authorization object S_SERVICE and there I assign the web service names (field SRV_NAME )

and the service type -> WS,

and i do the check from my web service and it's working fine .

the problem is when I try to create a role template and and I assign the authorization S_SERVICE

object there when want to provide the service names i get the usual pop-up ( from , to )

and i cant put there the service names

so my question what is the different in the authorization creation for S_SERVICE between

single role and role template and how i can provide a role template that is similar to

the single role with all the services names

Regards

Alex

1 REPLY 1

Frank_Buchholz
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Role maintenance uses a specialized screen to enter data for S_SERVICE offering some smart value help. Template maintenance still uses the standard screen which just gives you a raw input field.

Workaround: Use role maintenance to enter service names. Copy& paste the resulting string - it's a 32 char hash value- from the role screen to the input field of the template maintenance screen.

You may want to create a service ticket, too...

Kind regards

Frank Buchholz