Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exits to change Destination Bin and Storage type during TO creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was looking for exits which allow us to change the Destination Bin and storage type when creating Transfer orders.

I have tried using "MWMTO003". But the problem here is that none of the funtion exits have both storage type and bin as exporting parameters.

The exit "EXIT_SAPLL03A_001" has Destination bin (LTAP-NLPLA) as a changing parameter but not Destination storage type.

I got a BADI "LE_WM_STORAGETYPE_HU" with both Storage bin and type as changing parameters but then when I activate it and put a break point. My control never stops there.

Can anyone help pls?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sunilachyut
Contributor
0 Kudos

For what are you trying to change the bin and storage type. The user exit you mentioned is for Putaway to bins, are you intending to change for Putaway? There is another user exit MWMTO004 used for Picking from bins. If you can let me know what your purpose is will be able to help you as we have implemented both the user exits.

hith

Sunil Achyut

16 REPLIES 16

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try the EXIT_SAPLL03A_012.

It has a tables parameter T_LTAP_VB.

It has the storage type and bin.

NLTYP LTAP_NLTYP CHAR 3 0 Destination storage type

NLBER LTAP_NLBER CHAR 3 0 Destination storage section

NLPLA LTAP_NLPLA CHAR 10 0 Destination Storage Bin

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Ravi,

But this exit is not getting triggerred at all. I am not sure if it requires configuration. But it is not triggering.

0 Kudos

Hi Suri,

try EXIT_SAPLL03A_010.Not sure if it stops or not.

It also has the LTAP_VB tables structure.

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for the help. But using this user exit, you can modify the planned processing time in the

transfer order header and not destination bin/storage type. Also the exit is also called after all To creation is done and all the header/item details have been confirmed.

regards,

Suri.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am still looking for a possible solution to change the Destination Bin and Storage type.

sunilachyut
Contributor
0 Kudos

For what are you trying to change the bin and storage type. The user exit you mentioned is for Putaway to bins, are you intending to change for Putaway? There is another user exit MWMTO004 used for Picking from bins. If you can let me know what your purpose is will be able to help you as we have implemented both the user exits.

hith

Sunil Achyut

0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Yes I am looking to change for Putaway to bins.

regards,

Suri.

0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

I have a problem with this user exit, EXIT_SAPLL03A_001. The thing is that I have several positions to be created in a TO. When I try to create one of the positions and the quantity is greater than the LE Quantity defined in the Master Data of the material, the same storage bin is always proposed for all the pallets that are being created.

I tried checking if a storage bin has already been asigned, but the problem is that there are several pallets for one position of the TO. For the first pallet we get the first free storage bin, and when we try to find the next free storage bin for the second pallet the first one does not seem to be assigned yet. So we keep assigning the same bin to all the pallets, and when the position is going to be created an error ocurres bcs the maximum capactiy has been exceeded.

Any suggestion? Thanking you in advance!!!!

Nisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suri,

For a storage type search, you can use the enhancement "MWMTO008" and for customer specific search strategies, refer to the enhancement is "MWMTO004". With this enhancement, you can integrate your own stock placement/removal strategy. You cannot change the destination bin directly, but you can set up & sort the table T_QMAT which are used at the time of create TO. Refer to the documentation of these enhancement.

Note that you have to configure user specific search strategy for the storage types in use by activating the user exit in putaway & removal strategies.

Manoj

0 Kudos

Thanks manoj, I will let you know if the enhancement worked.

0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

I am looking for an exit to change the destination Bin and storage type for Putaway to Bins. The fields LTAP_NLTYP (Destination storage type) and LTAP_NLPLA (Destination Storage Bin) in the second screen of transactions LT09 and LT01.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For influencing the storage type use the enhancement "MWMTO008" the changing parameters C_LGTY0 to C_LGTY29 refer to the storage type. That means based on your reqirements, set the storage types in C_LGTY0, C_LGTY1 etc.

For influencing the storage bins for Putaways, as you have rightly pointed, use the enhancement "MWMTO003". The import parameter I_T331 of ""EXIT_SAPLL03A_001" contains the storage type determined in the user exit "MWMTO008".

User exit "MWMTO004" is used for picking (Stock Removal strategies) only.

Manoj

0 Kudos

There are many steps involved in this am not sure if your security role will allow you to do these. The following are the steps you need to follow :

SPRO -> Logistics Execution -> Activate Storage Type Search -> Determine Search Sequence

The above defines the storage type sequence the system looks to putaway the material. So if you have 001 and ERR, then the system looks in 001 first and then looks in ERR storage type.

SPRO -> Logistics Exeuction -> Warehouse management -> Master Data -> Define Storage Type

Select your warehouse and storage type and activate the user exit for all the storage types in your warehouse. This step is important as the user exit is hit only if the user exit check box is activated here.

Now in your user exit, if the desired storage type is found, select the bin and pass it to <b>"e_nlpla"</b> parameter of the user exit. Lets say you have 2 storage types

001 and ERR

You want to place your stock in ERR storage type and your storage type sequence is 001 and ERR. In the user exit check for the check for the storage type and if it is ERR pass the bin to the <b>"e_nlpla"</b> if its not ERR then clear the value in <b>"e_nlpla"</b> thus forcing it to come back to user exit for the next storage type.

The other way is to activate user exit for only those storage types for which you want to select the bins according to your strategy.

Let me know if you are unclear or have any other questions.

hith.

Sunil Achyut

0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

I guess I got what you are saying. I will try to implement what you said and get back to you. Thanks for the help.

Below is my understanding for the same:

1) SAP proposes the next storage type based on the search sequence defined under

SPRO -> Logistics Execution -> Activate Storage Type Search -> Determine Search Sequence

So if I have 110 and ABC, if no destination Bin is found in 110 (Which the exit will clear as the destination storage type I am looking is ABC), the standard functionality tries to find a destination BIn in the next storage type (Which is ABC) and here my exit will populete the NLPLA field with bin data.

If this is the case, then the problem is solved. Thanks a lot once again. I give you full credit and points

0 Kudos

Yes you are correct but ensure you activate the user exit for the storage type, otherwise the user exit will never be processed.

SPRO -> Logistics Exeuction -> Warehouse management -> Master Data -> Define Storage Type

Select your warehouse and storage type and activate the user exit for all the storage types in your warehouse. This step is important as the user exit is hit only if the user exit check box is activated here.

hith

Sunil Achyut

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suri,

I take my earlier post back. Enhancement MWMTO008 is also used for influencing the storage type search during <b>stock removal.</b>

Sorry about the confusion.

Manoj