Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Config Agent

waldemar_schakiel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello together,

I have noticed that I can only distribute configuration parameter with my agent when I distribute an application at the same time. Can I distribute only configuration parameters to my devices? Perhaps exists a parameter for this behavior in DOE?

Greetings

Waldemar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

waldemar_schakiel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kranti,

Thanks for your answer.

The agent behaviour is very strange for me. I have changed one parameter of the config agent for my device. It was the parameter "com.sap.tc.mobile.sync.passwordhandling". I have chnaged the value from "local" to "atSync". A adequate message was created in the outbound queue. The content of this message was correct. The DMSWCV "SAP BAsis 7.10" is operational.

After next sync no changes was apparent.

But it works when i copy a text file "configuration.properties" with the same content in directory ./MI/settings.

The distribution of parameters i have tested with my NWDS Simulator.

Have you any explanation for this behaviour?

With regards

Waldemar

kranti_khilari
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Waldemar,

I am extremely sorry for a delayed response. To further investigate what could have gone wrong, the only possiblity is to check some more details for your device in the DOE. If you are still facing this issue, I would suggest you to create an OSS message. Otherwise, one last option that I can provide you is to test the scenario with a standalone client installed via "setup.exe" (if its a Laptop client) or via the CAB files (in case of PDA client).

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Kranti

waldemar_schakiel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

this is even my problem. I have configured a config agent for my device. But the new parameter values don't arrive at my device.

Any suggestions?

Regards

Waldemar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you describe in more detail what you are trying to do?

I know I have had some issues in the pass with sending down Agents\Parameters to the client.

Sometimes in my experience, if the parameter is not associated to Agent ID "CONFIG" the client will not accept it.

I don't know why, after a few hours/days of guessing I just go with what works...

rohith_deraje
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check if you have followed these steps.

1) Create a new Agent configuration.

2) Assign CONFIG agent (or any other agent) to it.

3) Add the required agent parameters to the agent configuration and choose the option for processing.(Automatic processing or expiry date) --- ( I think you have missed this step)

4) Create a device profile and add the Agent configuration to it.

5) Add your logical device to the device profile and save.

Now if you navigate to "NWM>> Search for your device>> Go to Device Details Page>> Select Agents tab" you will be able to see the agent parameter in your device.

If your device is already registered(DMSCV SAPBASIS is operational) then you should be able to see the agent parameter in the outbound queue of the device.

Regards

Rohith

kranti_khilari
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Waldemar,

Have you tried assigning Agents to your device through the "Manage Agents" link of your device, as suggested by Rohith?

Please note that the parameters of "standard" agents "CONFIG", "TRACE" are the only once that are "consumable" by the client because there is a semantic/logic defined within the client to handle these parameters. Are you trying to assign agent parameters other than "CONFIG" / "TRACE"? This may not work.

If you are assigning the "right" agent parameters and still think that they haven't reached the client, then the only reason could be that either your device's "SAP BASIS" SWCV is still NOT operational and hence the "AGENT_CONFIG" messages are not reaching the outbound queue. Please verify this.

Ensure that before registering your client with the device in DOE, you should have uploaded the same version of NWMCLIENT.SCA file in the DOE as that of your client. Otherwise, the SAP BASIS SWCV doesn't get "operational".

Please verify both of the above and let me know if my suggestions helped.

Best Regards,

Kranti

rohith_deraje
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can distribute config parameter to the device.

Goto NWMA, Search for your device>> Go to Device Details Page>> Select Agents tab>> Click on manage Agents to add or remove new agent parameters.

If you want to distribute agents to a group of devices, then you can use device profile.