Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arabic letters in the message

samiullah_qureshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have some description fields in SAP which can have text in arabic. SAP is sending the message with these descriptions. When the message is received at the receiver end this data is reached as strange special characters.

I am not sure whether unicoding the message will solve the problem.

Could you please share your thoughts on this?

Regards,

Samiullah.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sami,

How do you see data in PI? If improper, change the RFC destination connecting from SAP to PI system as unicode. What is your receiver system?

Regards,

Prateek

samiullah_qureshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In PI the data looks fine. However, at receiver end it looks like some strange special characters. Receiver is a webservice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please select Unicode option in the RFC destination,the u r problem will solve.

Regards

Ravi

samiullah_qureshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which RFC destination?

We use three rfc destinations in case of proxies.

SAPSLDAPI(of type T), LCRSAPRFC(of type T) and one to point to connect to integration server(of type H)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Which RFC destination?

Don't worry. When you see data in PI correctly, there is no issue in RFC destination.

samiullah_qureshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yeah, i know RFC destinations are fine.

@Ravi

Please select Unicode option in the RFC destination,

Which RFC destination you are talking about?

samiullah_qureshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For this issue, It is handled in webservice. Data was correctly passing through XI and properly delivering to webservice. However, after processing the data when webservice was storing data in database, it was being stored as strange special characters.

They encoded the fields in which special character were expected when they receive the PI message and decode it just before storing it in database.

I have some prior experience with special characters in one of my previous project. For chinese and japanese characters, we were facing problems. In target system they were appearing as SQUARE symbols.

In that case, we changed the encoding of xml message from UTF-8 to UTF-16 in java mapping. As we were having java mapping in place for some special requirements. If special sysmbol require more than one byte to store it, then it wont work properly with UTF8( that uses one byte to store the characters).

Afterwards, I came to know one more way to change the encoding of a xml message when we deal with soap adapter.

We just need to add followind module in module configuration of SOAP communication channel.

Module Key - SOAP .

Parameter Name - XMBWS.XMLEncoding

Parameter Value - UTF-16(or any other encoding that you want to be used)

Thanks for your responses.

samiullah_qureshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For more parameters to be used in SOAP communication channel, check following link:-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/EN/bf/27fd3b651f6a1ce10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Thanks for your responses.

Edited by: Samiullah Qureshi on Apr 4, 2010 12:48 PM

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> When the message is received at the receiver end this data is reached as strange special characters.

How are the data transferred? What kind of system is at receiver side? Which encoding does receiver expect?

Is it required, that the receiver gets the arabic text?

Edited by: Stefan Grube on Mar 22, 2010 11:00 AM

samiullah_qureshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From SAP, message is sent using outbound proxy. There is a webservice at receiver end.

I am not sure what encoding the receiver is expecting. I will check with them how they are expecting. They want to send the unicode equivalent for arabic text from PI.

Yeah, it is required to receive the arabic text if it is there in sap to keep both the systems in sync.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you use ABAP proxy and SOAP adapter to call a web service, the message which is sent out is UTF-8, which is web service standard and includes arabic letters also.

So the issue is at receiver side.