Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read a dynamic table in form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have a dynamic table with 3 columns :

first column which contains a subform with button Add and Remove (to add and remove current row)

second column with a dropdownlist (first field to fill in by the user)

third column with a dropdownlist (second field to fill in by the user).

I have a check button to check if the user has correctly filled in the table row.

which script can I write to do that ?

For example, the user click on add button three times, so I have 3 rows but the user fill in only the first and the second row.

How to check that the third is empty ?

Thanks

Kind regards

Véronique

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, you can use indirect addressing (relative one). You use this pointer (when the script is placed on the subform, this means the subform, then the field in the subform is accessed via subform.fieldname) and parent pointer (if you place a script on a button, you can use button.parent to move to the parent subform of the button and next navigate to another part item in the subform, like button.parent.field points to the field which is a brother of the button in the same parent subform). Hope that solves the problem, regards Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Structure of my table in the hierachy view :

myTable

myRowHeader

myRowItem

-> myfirstcolumnfield (Button Add - Remove) -> mysecondcolumnfield (dropdownlist)

I found myself the solution :

To have the number of rows of the dynamic table :

var w_table_row = xfa.resolveNodes("All_the_hierarchy_object.myTable.myRowItem[*]);

var w_table_row_lg = w_table_row.length;

To read the row value :

var w_row_field1 = xfa.resolveNode("All_the_hierarchy_object.myTable.myRowItem[0].mysecondcolumnfield").rawValue;

I have to do a loop on index of myRowItem to read each row of myTable

Hope it is clear and will be helpful.

Edited by: veronique pinelli on Mar 22, 2010 11:30 AM

Edited by: veronique pinelli on Mar 22, 2010 11:32 AM