cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying of SP and the difference in results obtained from instances

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts:

I have come across an observation that the CC production instance has been updated with SP10 and whereas the CC development system is updated with SP13. It has also been observed that the results given by Production and development instances are slightly different like for example, the risk count from production is 268 and that from development is 193 (risk here means the first 4 digits of the risk ID).

We have synced both the instances with SAP ECC Production system to keep them on the same page, but still we are facing this issue.

Is it that applying of differnt service packs makes a differnce to the results? I was suggested so but some how not confident how it makes a difference to the results.

So based on the aboeve i have 2 questions:

1. If it makes a difference then what is the logic, how the SP makes a difference?

2. IF SP is not the reason for the differnce in the results between the 2 instances then what woudl be real reason behind the same?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Alpesh, now we shall be doing as per your suggestion, however one more doubt, i would want to know what impact do the support packs bear on the systems?

Thanks

Vani

Former Member
0 Kudos

There should not be any impact of SP on the server or GRC system. SPs are suppossed to improve performance and features. There is a chace that SP will bring new bugs into the system.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vani,

SP or the connection to SAP system has nothing to do with the count of your risks. It depends on how you have configured your rules in both your systems. Download the rules from one of the system and upload it to the other system so you have same number of risks in both the RAR systems.

Alpesh