cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg:How to get Target Directory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

Can anyone tell how to get the target directory name?

By using Dynamic configuration , we can get source file and directory. But i want to get the target directory name. Can anyone help in this issue.

Regards,

Leela

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U can assign the target directory name using the Dynamic Configuration or prociding the directory path in the Communication channel.

But, Excactly where u want to get the target directory name??? and for vt??

If it is in mapping then it's nt possible....

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

My requirement was i was to pick the file from source directory and send it to target directory. Once it is placed in Target directory i need to send mail. For that i am using java mapping which was mentioned in the link

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2007/04/17/xi-mail-adapter-an-approach-for-sending-emails-with-attachment-with-help-of-java-mapping

But while sending the mail i want to spcify the target directory location which i have placed the file. For that i want to retrive the target directory name.

I have seen the below link

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2009/12/07/parametrized-java-mapping-in-pi-71-plus-some-other-delicacies

In that they have mentioned about the parameterised java mapping.

Can you please tell is there anyother way to reterive the target directory.

Regards,

Leela

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why use Dynamic Configuration.....is your target directory going to change (in the first call)....if no then why not hard-code it in mapping itself....how are you going to confirm that the file has been placed in the target directory?

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We can assign the target directory name using Dynamic Configuration but the same cannot give the target directory name.