cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning With different versions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

We are using 001 and 000 version in Planning.

As the users input the forecast in 001 and copied to 000 Version.

There is Consensus Planning book where our users want to see Final forecast of 001 & Final forecast of 000 version in the Interactive Demand Planning.

How can we see Values of Final Forecast KF in 001 and 000 in the interactive Planning in the planning table.

There is Indicator for Version Reference of a Key Figure in the planning book , i have flagged and given reference as 000 to the Final forecast then i have assingned final forecast<variable> to the Data View.

In the interactive demand planning , i cannot see the values of 000 and 001 at a same time.

If we right click on the dataview in SDP94 then its asking variable version when i select it i can see the values of variable version only.

My requirment is to view final fcst of Version 000 and 001 at the sae time when i load data from the selection ID.

Please guide.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My suggestion would be to use /SAPAPO/TSCOPY - Copy/Version Management. Have to KFs for Final Forecast in planning book. One meant for 000 and another for 001. Copy the values of 001 KF from 001 to 000 planning version using above transaction. And you can see the values in both KFs in planning version 000.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are almost right, If you remove the 'Variable' version from ur definition and just keep teh ref to 000 KF then it will work. More details below.

In this step,

"There is Indicator for Version Reference of a Key Figure in the planning book , i have flagged and given reference as 000 to the Final forecast then i have assingned final forecast<variable> to the Data View."

dont give <variable> reference.

Keep 001 as your base version and have another KF with ref version as 000. You will be able to see both of them at the same time.

Incase you want to merge 001 and 000 data into 001, create another KF and use a macro to sum the values of KF 001 and ref KF 000 into the final KF in 001.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks a lot for ur quick message.

Incase you want to merge 001 and 000 data into 001, create another KF and use a macro to sum the values of KF 001 and ref KF 000 into the final KF in 001.

Actually i dont want to merge , i just want to copy the keyfigure 001 to the same keyfigure 000 interactively.

Is it possible to copy the kf 001 to kf 000 using macro?

if yes please adcice me the logic.

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

All Reference KF are only 'Read Only'.

So the version you want to copy into should be a base version.

In this case if you want to copy into version 000, I suggest you create another Pbook/Dview with just the necessary KF. Create that KF with ref to v001. In this case the Base version will be 000 and the ref version will be 001. Hence you can now copy from 001 to 000.

Now you will see only 2 KF in your planning book, KF and KF (001). Write a macro with a simple logic of KF = KF(001). And that shud do the work.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani

Thanks for sparing your time.

In this case if you want to copy into version 000, I suggest you create another Pbook/Dview with just the necessary KF. Create that KF with ref to v001. In this case the Base version will be 000 and the ref version will be 001. Hence you can now copy from 001 to 000.

Now you will see only 2 KF in your planning book, KF and KF (001). Write a macro with a simple logic of KF = KF(001). And that shud do the work.

With reference to the above message:

Created a Planning book with Final Forecast Key Figure, then in the keyfigure attributes i have given reference version as 001.

In the data view keyfigures tab i can able to see Final forecast <variable> & draged it to the dataview keyfigures and activated the dataview.

In Interactive Demand Planning I have created 2 selection with 001 & 000.

Inputed the values in 001 as follows:

Final Fcst week12= 1000

Final Fcst week13= 2000

Final Fcst week14= 3000

Created the macro Final forecast= Finalvforecast <variable>

When i excute the macro i am getting short dump.

But i cannnot see the values in the Final Forecast <Variable> also.

Please can explain me the details.

my requirment is Planners will input values in KF X in 001 version and i need to copy it to KF X 000 version fro which it releases to snp for further planning.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should see 2 KF in the data view.

Final forecast

Final forecast (001).

You need not create any Final forecast with (Dynamic Variable). So in the Dataview it should appear exactly as mentioned above.

In the above mentioned cases, Final Forecast will show you data from version 000 and Final Forecast (001) shows data from version 001.

Coming to your selection id, you should base your selection id on version 000 and NOT version 001. After all of this you can see the data in your original planning book itself.

If you still get abends, pls provide the abend details. I will be glad to help. However if you follow these steps everthing should work ok.

THanks

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mani

Final forecast (000)

Final forecast (001).

Users will update the final fcst in 001 version, if i take 000 as a reference version i can see it in the planning book.

But when i run the macro Finalforecast(000) = final forecast 001

then values are copying to 000 versionbut when i save the plan the values are not saved.

My requirent as follows:

Base version 001

Users update in 001 and they want to see 000 version final forecast in the same planning book.

After finalizing the plan in 001 then they will execute the macro.

The result=

Final Fcst 001 = Final fcst 000

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry for the late response.

Here is the basic thing, a Reference KF cannot be edited.

Now with that in our mind, we have 2 requirements for which we have to provide solution.

1) Users want to edit v001 KF.

2) Users want to copy v001 to v000 KF.

To achieve this, it is mandatory that we have 2 Plannning books.

Planning Book 1 - Base version 001, Ref Version 000. Use this plng book for the users to edit v000 KF.

Planning Book 2 - Base version 000, Ref version 001. Use this plng book to copy v001 to v000 using the macro.

I will recommend that you copy copy the data in the background using macros or version copy. The reference KF is just for reference and cannot be edited.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls confirm if it was helpful.

Thanks

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mani.

Srry for delay.

It was helpful but i am trying to create FM to copy from 001 to 000 version with in the same planning book.

Once i finisj i update the same in his thread.

Regards

Rave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls keep us posted on how ur FM came thru. Would be interested to know.

Thanks

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

We as well are needing to merge two planning version data into one view. I have read this discussion and appears this is very helpful in what we are needing to do. We have some historical data in an alt planning version that we want to view in another planning version.

In your response above, you note using reference planning version.

Keep 001 as your base version and have another KF with ref version as 000. You will be able to see both of them at the same time.

Where specifically do you set up the reference version for specific data? If merging with macro, what element is used in the macrobuilder. This is the first time we have needed to reference another planning versions data within our forecast planning version.

Kind Regards,

Jayne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jayne,

You might want to create a new thread on the topic to have a detailed discussion. Here is the answers to your questions.

1) Reference version is setup in transaction /sapapo/sdp8b where for each planning books you can define additional KF. In the KF tab, you will see a check box "Ref to" and a field for version number. You can configure it there.

2) Merge as in just sum the two fields. Resultant row = Row + Row 2.

Please note that all ref KF are always read only KF and you cannot write into them.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you much! This helps get it set-up.

Thanks,

Jayne