cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NM7.1 : Data Completeness Message for 7.1 DOE USer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have migrated the MI2.5 application to NM7.1 SP09. All the data objects are standard. Now I have one Query regarding the data completeness message which we get in MI2.5 as shown below...

Synchronization started

u2022 Connection set up (without proxy) to: http://XYZ

u2022 Successfully connected with server.

u2022 Processing of inbound data began.

u2022 Data is complete for user ABC (Sync User) and application Framework

u2022 Data is complete for user ABC (Sync User) and application XXX (Application Name)

Is there any functionality available with 7.1 as well?

The reason being in 7.1 when a user creates a transaction & syncs, he get a success message...Now the data gets pushed in Inbound Queue & subsequently we can see the message in message monitoring (either processing or complete). Client never waits for the response i.e. client has no way to know whether the requests posted are completed or are in process. But the user still feels that he has successfully posted the data to MI server and backend and got the reply as well. His requests are complete.

How will the user know that his records are in queue and he needs to synchronize after all the queues are processed and required data is in his outbound queue.

Also, is there a way in monitoring tool where in I can monitor the incoming data from client data object wise. I mean in merep_mon in MI 2.5 we used to monitor the inbound data syncbo-wise. e.g. there are 1000 instances processed today for particular object. We cannot get this number in queue monitoring. Can we get the same functionality here?

Thanks in Advance,

Saptak Kulkarni.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

VikasLamba
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Saptak,

Mapping one to one there is no such functionality in7.1 where a data completeness message is sent to client. But this functionality is also not needed due to the architecture difference in 2.5 and 7.1.

For initial loads: In 7.1 system the data calculation is not done on actual device registration but is precalculated due to which when the actual device registers the data is already available. The synchronization will take care of emptying the device outbound queues when device syncs so the data will be downloaded completely.

For client changes: Whenever a change is made from the client on any Db row, that row is marked a locally modified (i.e. not in sync with backend). This state remians till server sends a confirmation/rejection about the acceptance of this change. The same state will be reflected to end user by the application and he will always see the instances which are not consistent in the application. If this behavior is not exhibited then it can be an application issue.

With 7.11 SP02 there is a new feature called "PSP- Process State Propagation" introduced. This feature will calculate if all necessary instances have been downloaded to the device and the same will be reflected on the device too. That way the end user will always know if some data is still not come down.

In NW monitioring portal you can use message monitor to track all the messages for a given data object. You can put additional fillter like for a device or for direction (like client to server) in addition to data object filter. This way you can figure out the number of messages flowing in for a data object irrespective of the user/device

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vikas,

Thanks a lot for giving an insight into the new feature introduced in NM7.11 SP02 called PSP - Process State Propagation.

Unfortunately we can't use this as we are on NM7.10 SP09.

I take your words that in case of 7.10 data is already calculated & pushed in Users Outbound Queue before he syncs, But in few cases in my business scenario a submitted transaction triggers few another internal CRM & ECC processes & this will take time to get completed. Now in our earlier MI2.5 application these were S01 type SyncBos, hence they used to get this message as

"Data Is Incomplete for User" & hence he used to sync again untill he gets updated data.

I guess this was done using API -

SmartSyncRuntime.getInstance().getInboxNotifier().isSyncStatusComplete()

During our Migration process we have converted all S01 to STANDARD, now in MI7.1, if the user creates same transaction & syncs, he gets a success message & then this transaction initiates same processes in CRM & ECC, say this takes few minutes to get completed. So my concern is how will the User come to know when to sync again to get this updated transactional data because after each sync it shows a Success message.... ?? The status of locally created / modified record will change from "To Be Synchronized" to a "Key value" after 2nd sync, but my main concern area is the other instances to be pushed from CRM / ECC triggered as it may not come during the period of 2nd sync cycle.

Also, can the above mentioned API be used in case of MI7.10 backward compatible mode applications ?

Pls help me clear my doubts..

Thanks,

Saptak.

Edited by: Saptak Kulkarni on Mar 24, 2010 6:31 PM

former_member185875
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saptak,

Also, is there a way in monitoring tool where in I can monitor the incoming data from client data object wise. I mean in 
merep_mon in MI 2.5 we used to monitor the inbound data syncbo-wise.

1)

By using T-code SMQ2 you can monitor incoming messages for client. But not data object wise.

Based on device(queue) it will show.

goto smq2 -> execute F8 you will find the queue name.> double click on queue name you will find entries.

2) you will also monitor from doe admin portal also

Monitoring-> Queue tracking> select 'Device Inbound Queue' in Queue type drop down---> enter device name

How will the user know that his records are in queue and he needs to synchronize after all the queues are processed and 
required data is in his outbound queue.

when record(transaction) reaches backed. Backend system returns a success message to doe(MI)

then doe will send a confirmation message to user outbound queue. In the next sync user will get the confirmation.

regards

lakshman balanagu

Edited by: lakshman balanagu on Mar 22, 2010 4:11 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshman,

My customer wants a daily report based on Data Object transactions. So we cannot use the queue monitoring in this case. It is really troublesome to use queue monitoring in this case. e.g. 1000 MI user synchronizing for a day. Now my customer wants a consolidated report at any given point of the day as to how many records are processed for particular DO irrespective of the user.

For second issue to follow your suggestions, administrator will need to always monitor whether all the inbound queues from client are processed and are in outbound queue and then convey the MI user whether he can sync again or not. This is not possible for 1000+ MI users in system. User must know after the sync whether all of his inbound records are processed or not. If not, then he can synchronize again after some time till he gets a data completeness message. Is this mechanism available with 7.1?

Any other suggestion?

Thanks in advance,

Saptak Kulkarni.

former_member185875
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear saptak,

By using bellow tables

smmw_msg_hdr

smmw_msg_err

you can write a report for your requirement.

regards

lakshman balanagu