cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data transfer from one Planning area to another planning area within DP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to transfer data from one PA to another PA within DP.

I am trying to dothis thro transaction /sapapo/tscopy.I configured all the settings in the transaction with the help of variant...like

- selection condition ( selected one location,product )

- Grouping condition ( checked product and location)

note:location is the attribute of characteristics "Contract"

- KF mapping

- Characteristic mapping (source--target)

But system throws below error...." COMBINATION NOT CONTAINED IN TARGET MPOS"

1. Kindly,help to resolve this issue.

2. My question here is : is it necessary that source and target CVCs should be identical to transfer data...Kindly.clarify

Regards,

Sai Ganesh

Edited by: Sai G.Ganesh on Mar 22, 2010 7:58 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

The copy can be between the same characterstics only i.e in your case only product is the only common criterion. hence aggregation levels and selection criterions can be adjusted among these criterion only.

I would recommend, try checking copying at the product level first and it should get copied. If it is fine then you can later on try by having the same settings but removing the contract from the aggregation level.

Let me know if it helps

Regards

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Thanks for the help.

Product to product is working.

My question here is ......(characteristic)Group key is an ATTRIBUTE to (characteristic)Contract.If i want to release the data at Groupkey and product level and do the transfer.....what will be the result?

Kindly,help.

Regards,

G.Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First thing, you cannot use an attribute to transfer data. You need to use Characteristics. Secondly, the characteristics need to be the same at both end to be able to transfer data.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Mani

Edited by: Mani Suresh on Mar 22, 2010 8:16 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The copy happens between combinations. Meaning the KF value is copied between the CVC in one plng area to another. So it is necessary that the same combinations are present in both the planning areas.

For example in your selection if you give

Product = P1

Location = L1

It is necessary this P1L1 combination is present in both the planning areas to be able to copy the KF values between the 2 planning areas.

If you want to copy CVC, use /sapapo/mc62 txn,

Hope this helps

Thanks

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

thanks for the reply.

As you said combination exist in source and target...ie P1L1....provided the system throws th error...

Scenario is like this....

Source CVC : Contract,Salespack,GIC code,Product

Target CVC : Planning item1,Location,Product,Planning item 2

Charateristic Mapping : Source -- Target

1.Group key -- Location (Groupkey is the attribute of Contract in source)

2.Product -- Product

Grouping condition : 1.(checked)contract_groupkey,2. (checked)product

Above are the exact setting.After this setting,system throws error. OR what is the alternative solution?

Kindly,clarify.

Regards,

Sai Ganesh

Edited by: Sai G.Ganesh on Mar 22, 2010 10:04 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I notice that the Characteristics are different between the 2 planning areas. This is a slightly tricky scenario. For mapping the source and destination combinations should be the same. For example Product --> Product is right but the other one is not possible. If you want to just do a Product --> Product then it will be possible.

Thanks

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sai G.Ganesh,

If you still want to copy data on Groupkey and Product level , Please try this:

1. Create a selection ID with Products and attribute Group Key values you want to transfer

2. Copy to a new KF using a macro via mass processing job on this selection.

2. Run a TSCOPY job on Product level from this New KF to destination KF

By this you would be transferring only those products that have attribute Group Key whose values that you specified in the selection ID.

You would not be facing this issue had your both Planning areas be based on the the same common POS . Seems like that is not the case here , could be that your business requires you to have disparate POS.

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hari,

That is a very innovative approach to this problem.

Sai Ganesh,

Pls let us know how it works out.

Thanks

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

Thanks for the valueble reply.

As you said, i have difeerent MPOS for both the Planning areas.

I tried and learnt that data transfer successful from Charateristic to Characterisic & Attribute to Atrribute.But not cross.

So, my query here is...

- created attribute and assigned to a charateristic-Plant(already in active MPOS).After assigning i am able to see the attribute in MPOS.But in TSCOPY transaction - Characteristic mapping - not able to see the attribute.

What could be the reason?

Kindly help.

Thanks,

Sai Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

did you already re-activated the MPOS after modification of the InfoObjects? (no need to deactivate first)

regards,

Pablo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pablo,

Able to see attribute in MPOS without deactivation.

But not able to see in Planning area ie. in TSCOPY transaction - Characteristic matching.Through this only data transfer has to take place.

Thanks,

G.Ganesh