cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling Webdynpro Event Handler Method from R/3 Program

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement to call a Webdynpro Event Handler Method from an R/3 Program.

Please let me know if the same is feasible.If yes, please let me know how it can be done.

You can also provide any link to the document regarding the same.

Regards

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

You can pass the data to the shared buffer of the ABAP Memory, using the export statement...or you can pass the data to the work item of the workflow..and after you call the webdynpro application using the FM--> WDY_EXECUTE_IN_PLACE, by passing the URL of the WDA, you can get the Work Item data or IMPORT the shared bufffer data from the ABAP Memory variable into the local variables.

Using the above mentioned ways, you can handle the Webdynpro Application navigation and also data passing to the Webdynpro App.

Or, Store the data into some system table and call the transaction of the Webdynpro APP using the same FM mentioned above by providing the Tcode and retrieve the same from the handleevent event of the WDA.

There are multiple type of data handling in the HANDLE EVENT of WDA.

Hope, this will help you.

Regards,

-Syed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Syed,

Thank you for your reply. The WD component I want to call is not a direct application. It is present/embedded inside another application. Now when I pass the Parent application to the FM as parameter the application is opening. My question is how would I know what parameters are to be passed for the application. And also the Event handler I want to trigger happens on the click of a button. Can the same be handled in this FM.

Regards

Sandeep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

Create an exit plug to the window where the button is clicked and create an URL parameter to the same. Pass the url of the next application to this url parameter.

Regards,

-Syed.