Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM at Delivery Level

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Can any one have the idea, that " Can I explode the sales BOM at delivery level" delivery is created with reference to Scheduling Agreement.

Because at schedule line level i cant confirm the quantity of sub item, so it will first time explode at delivery level..

Looking forward for the prompt response...

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

T W,

I am sorry the sub items are known from the beginning but not their quantities. The user creates the BOM Master data before and is same through out.

For e.g. A has 3 components B, C and D

but for 1 kg of A the components fractions may differ (may be 1:2:7 or 3:3:4) and it is known only at the time of loading. The pricing is carried later.

So i need BOM to explode only at the time of delivery and not in sales order. I don't know how to configure it.

Kindly help me with your suggestions.

Nitin

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Completed..

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imran Khan,

Can you please explian me what are the settings you made for BOM to explode at the Delivery level and not at Sales level.

I have a similar requirement where I want the BOM (item level BOM) where the sub item quantities are not known at the time of sales document.

Nitin

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nitin,

The OP wants BOM explosion at the delivery level (and not at the sales order level) because of the unavailability of sub-item stock during the creation of sales order.

The BOM explosion (i.e. featuring of subitems) is different from availabililty check; thus even if the BOM explodes at both levels, still the OP's requirement can be met with the help of ATP configuration settings. (Checking group + Checking rules A and B).

Your requirement is

I want the BOM (item level BOM) where the sub item quantities are not known at the time of sales document.

When does the user create BOM master data (CS01)?

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Nitin,

I was fail to do this at that time, plus my requirement later change where user can have the same at order level.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to maintain Item category determination for delivery also. This will give you structure of all main item and sub items

Try this

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear

i have tried, but un successful, please give me any hint.

I have reach at this level that item category of sales document will be come item category of delivery item..

Give me your valueadded feedback in this regard...

Regards,

Looking for your feedback.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Plz check in delivery determination, and as mention in your Item category determination you have to mention the structure for lumf / erla.

Path Logistic Execution > Shipping > Deliveries > Determination of deliveries

Delivery type: Item Group : Item Cat : Manual [if required]

LF : LUMF: TAP

Rajesh

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Rajesh,

Can u give me an favor, just to try it from your end...

I have tried it out lot of time but unsuccessful, your words again give me the signal that it is possible...

I will again try and will let you know requesting you the same.

Regards,

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Rajesh,

If i configure the item category with no BOM at sheduling agreement same will be copied to delivery, means only control level of bom explosion is item category..

looking for your prompt response.

Regards

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Rajesh,

Any response.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

you dont want BOM to happen at the time of ordering. The item category for main item is LUMF which means that pricing should happen at sub item level.. but since BOM is not triggering at the sales order., can you tell me what the net value is the order is showing ?

jagadish

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear jagadish,

main value has no net value.

plus so far i m unsuccessful to explode bom at delivery level. yes it is explode at scheduling agreement and copy to delivery level.

Can u have any work around to explode it at delivery level.

when bom is explode at scheduling agreement level, main item have no value, it ask for net value than i by pass him so far by putting any value (like .01).

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

In my point of view BOM is not exploded in the delivery document.

It will show that material only which are relevant for delivery.

Just go to your sales order and check out the item category of the main item and item category of your sub item.

Also check out the schedule line category for the respective items.

Now go to VOV6 and check both the schedule line category.

Have you maintain the item relevant for delivery for both the item or not.

Just check out this setting and also remove the item relevant for delivery from the item category in VOV7.

Save this setting and try out again.

Regards

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

About BOM exploding in delivery document....

BOM is working in sales document and pricing is happening aswell but the sub items of BOM are not shown in sales document .

They are displayed only in delivery document.. Will that be on any help for you.. you dont have to bypass the net value in sales

document as pricing is happening in sales.

Thanks

jagadish