cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install AS JAVA to AS ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I install SAP ERP 2005 (Netweaver 2004s) and based on AS ABAP. Currently, the company want to install one HR modul (MSS) and the module need for JAVA(netweaver 2004s). The problem here we only select AS ABAP for the first installation and not AS ABAP + AS JAVA. Is there any way that i can do to install AS JAVA inside the AS ABAP without interupting the first installation?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, You can install Java Add-in on your existing ERP system from sapinst.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sunny,

Thank you for your reply. May i know, is it i need to install the AS JAVA same like i start from begining installing AS ABAP? Means here i need to create another SID to the AS JAVA? Can I directly install using the same SID like AS ABAP?

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The Java add-in will have the same SID as the ABAP instance.

Just start sapinst and follow the options to install Java AS to and existing ABAP instance.

Regards,

Ventsi Tsachev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I found this "NW 7.0 SR3 SP14 Java based SW Comp. 1 of 4 " on SMP and i dont know whether this Add-in can be installed in the AS ABAP. FYI, i installed SAP ERP SR3 for AS ABAP to Windows 2008 server usin MaxDB. Is there any effect any configuration or others if if install AS JAVA using SAPINST? or maybe can i download from SMP the java component? is it the same with the SAPINst?

One more thing, i found in one forum that I cannot install AS JAVA in AS ABAP since im in SR3. is it true?

Thanks.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

> One more thing, i found in one forum that I cannot install AS JAVA in AS ABAP since im in SR3. is it true?

This is not true.

Second, while installing Java add-in to existing ABAP instance, make sure that SP level of ABAP and Java should be same.

Also, you can get all of this information from installation guide. Please read the guide.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Java add-in is no more supported by SAP for new installations.

My advice is to install a separate Java SID for MSS and all future java needs for ECC6.

In my company, I installed the ESS/MSS Java stack with a different SID on a different physical server.

The J2EE stack needs a lot of resources and is not stable enough (in my opinion) to share the same database as your critical ECC 6 Abap system.

Regards,

Olivier