cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

settlement with wrong cost element

Former Member
0 Kudos

I run project settlement, but it displays the error which is very strange, because I run CJI3, there is no such cost element 5000009 posted, our line item is posted to cost element 500001, 500001 is included in allocation structure ZZ,

so why settlement display cost element 5000009(settlement element), where does this cost element come from and how to avoid this element?, I don't want to assign this cost element to ZZ

the settlement error is:

Complete allocation structure ZZ

Message no. KD503

Diagnosis

During settlement, the system puts the sender debits into groups (assignments), which are settled using the same settlement cost element. The settlement assignment is made in the allocation structure, which is stored in the settlement rule for the sender (under settlement parameters).

Cost element 5000009 cannot be assigned to a settlement cost assignment in allocation structure ZZ and therefore it cannot be assigned to a settlement cost element.

Procedure

Possible solutions are as follows:

If the posting under cost element 5000009 was made to the sender because of an incorrect entry, and you can reverse the posting, and do not need to update the allocation structure. You only need to reverse the incorrectly assigned posting before repeating the settlement. Exception: For an investment measure with a line item settlement, you need to extend the allocation structure, even after the reversal.

If the posting was made correctly, you can do the following:

a) You can assign a different allocation structure to the sender: In the master data maintenance for the sender, choose "Settlement rule -> Goto -> Settlement parameters" and then enter a different allocation structure.

If necessary, also check whether the correct allocation structure is entered in the settlement profile. The allocation structure is defaulted in the settlement profile when you create sender master data or when you maintain the settlement rule.

You can update allocation structure ZZ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please explain in detail how your issue is solved.

I am also facing the same problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As explained in earlier threads the problem is with your allocation structure. The source cost elements in Allocation structure are not correctly defined. The message explains that you have posted some cost to WBS (labour ,material etc) through CE 5000009. This CE is not maintained in your source CE in Allocation structure.

Please maintain this CE in your source CE in Allocation structure and you should be gud with your settlement.

Thanks

Sarang

Former Member
0 Kudos

5000009. is cost element type 22, settlement account, CJi3 there is no posting for this cost element since year 1991.

the problem is last month we can settle to this project, but now can't, similar project also can be settled for this month.

the settlement error is from WBS to AUC, so what should I check, there is no change for cost element group, allocation structure since year 1991, which part of AUC should I check? settlement rule is also correct

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What I Could understand from here is that you are having some posting with 5000001 WBS Element and in your Allocation structure the same is maintained in the range of source cost Element and your settlement cost Element is 5000009. Please confirm is that true, Also check completeness of allocation structure ZZ.

With Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, you are right

my purpose is to settle project, why error message? and how to solve

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

check your allocation structure, most likely incorrect assignment.

img > project systems > costs > automatic and periodic allocations > settlement > settlement profile > create allocation structure

click on the allocation structure asigned (ZZ) and go to the Assignments. then look for the assignements with source cost element 5000001 then go to the settlement cost elements and tick on "by cost element" and remove assigned settlement cost element (5000009?) ... either do that or correct the assigned settlement cost element.

hope it helps..

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

we have two settlement, network to WBS and WBS to AUC.

we didn't find the error, so if we can't use cj88 settlement, can we use manual posting?

1), from network to wbs, if manually do it, which t-code should we use

2). from wbs to auc, can we use F-02? should we credit settlement cost element and debit asset account?

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I recommend we should use CJ88 for settlement. Your main problem with your allocation structure. So, don't use FI Tcodes it will temporary solve your purpose, but in main problem will persist. You can do two things

1.Explain in forum your scenario in details, Like as investment project setting cost from where to where you got this error, priror to you got error in steelemt is any other settlement ran sucessfully.

2. Involve your FI /CO Consultant specially if you are using Profit center / Financial area in your Project.

With Regards

Nitin P.