Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash Island: right mouse button click will trigger a refresh of Flash

xudonny
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I'm trying the example IslandsWDATutorial1 (bar chart) http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/EmTech/IslandsWDATutorial1

I found when I click right mouse button (or context menu button on keyboard) in web dynpro area, the flash (bar chart) will refresh.

I debugged but can't find the reason. Does anyone know how to prevent this refresh?

Thanks for your help

Donny

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Currently the XML for the Island is not delta handled. It is resent to the FlashIsland on any event. Although the Flash Player isn't recreated on these events, the data is rebound to the UI controls - causing linked animations to replay.

This was recently discussed on the forum and I created a prototype implementation of a possible delta handler mechanism for the Islands XML. It creates a stable Island when there are no changes that impact the context(s) bound to the Island. This has been turned over to development and they will consider it for the next development sprint. Likely this functionality won't make its way into the product until the next enhancement package, however.

xudonny
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your information.

Best regards,

Donny

Answers (0)