cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPAU/SPDD after Support Package Upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have recently upgraded my QAS SP level. After up gradation all our modification has been reset.

And users are facing many problem.

Can i run SPAU / SPDD now to fix the problem now ? I didn't run SPAU / SPDD during upgrade.

Here is the details of our system

ECC 5.0

SAP_BASIS

SAPKB64017 to SAPKB64023

SAP_ABA

SAPKA64016 to SAPKA64023

SAP_APPL

SAPKH50012 to SAPKH50019

SAP_HR

SAPKE50020 to SAPKE50053

Regards

Alim - Al - Razi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member198270
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Alim Al, If you have done patching in QAS system and you want to apply SPAU/SPDD corrections check with your ABAP development team. Ideally SPAU / SPDD activity is performed only once when patching is done on DEV, Later for all other systems in landscape SPAU/SPDD Tr created by Dev team is moved.

For Example : Once patching is completed in QAS and SGEN is completed. you can move the SPDD/ SPAU Tr in QAS.

Hope it helps.

Regards, Amber S | ITL

manoj_nayak2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I think SPAU & SPDD are Pre-Requisite for apply Support Packages.

So i am thinking it should not run after SP apply. U can run SGEN.

Regards

Manoj

former_member198270
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Manoj, Correct me if I am wrong.

-First support patches are implemented in development system of landscape.

-Now during patching of components we get prompt from system for SPAU / SPDD modification adjustments.

-We do ignore it and proceed with patching, later when patching of all components are done we request dev team to do the necessary SPAU / SPDD modifications and provide the transport numbers to be released..

Regards, Amber S | ITL

martin_juen2
Contributor
0 Kudos

yes you are prompted for SPDD during the upgrade - BUT - DO NOT IGNORE IT! SPDD adjusts your data dictionary. Once more: if you ignore SPDD you can face data loss! When running SPDD you adjust tables, data types, views...

SPAU has to be run after the support packages. You can not lose any data - you only adjust programs, functions, ...

Generating of the reportes (SGEN) is a necessary action after implementing sp. If you do that not, no problem happens. The first person which is using a transaction, report, ... has to wait until generated.

M.

martin_juen2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.

If you have modified the DDIC you will face problems. If you are not doing SPDD during the upgrade, your modifications will be lost. That means you can lose data.

SPAU has to be run after the updgrade / sp implementation. whats going on if you run the transaction? I think there must be some entries that are waiting to be treated by you...

regards, M.