cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parcel tracking - cheating XSI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was wondering if there's a way to use parcel tracking functionality without actually connecting to the express delivery company.

I went through all the posts found on this site as well as SAP manual for setting up XSI and parcel tracking. I've beentrying to fill VTRKH table manually with almost no success (i got a web page entered in field SIGNATURL displayed when trying to get into change mode on the parcel tracking tab). But still no tracking data displayed and can't change anything manually either.

We already use files provided by UPS containing shipping data and I'd like to combine it with the parcel tracking data display functionality in delivery.

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Am going through the same process with another carrier. To get the tracking data to display you will need to create an express delivery company using VTRC and assign the carrier to a delivery. SAP Note 366914 provides more details. We will be loading the data using FM XSI_VTRK_UPDATE as they intend to supply the tracking data in a XLS.

As the effort required to setup an express delivery company is minimal, why do you want to avoid this? Just out of interest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for you reply!

I've created the delivery company. Assigned it to a vendor. When populated VTRKH manually no tracking data is displayed in parcel tracking tab. Manual entry is not allowed either.

Just tried the FM you've mentioned. VTRKH and VTRKP was filled similar to what i was doing manually.

Still no tracking data displayed.

I'd appreciate if you could provide some more details. I must have been missing something...

Thanks a lot!

Stas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you assigned the forwarding agent (express delivery company) as a partner on the delivery? Have you gone through all the steps in the OSS note? You should have generated two transports:

Workbench Assign service agent (CARGO) to express delivery company (CARGO) VDAT V_VLBLTD

Customising:

CDAT V_VXSIT Express delivery company: meta-data

CDAT V_VXSI Express delivery company: master data

TABU TVSHP Shipping Parameters at Client-level

Hopefullly this will allow you to identify any missing config

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I went through the note again. Set up configuration anew and it worked.

Must have missed something before.

Thank you very much! You've be most helpful!

Regards,

Stas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am also trying to config the parcel track in ECC 6.0. I followed the guide for VTRC, and also SAP Note 366914. But it does not work for me. The problems are:

1. I am using inbound DELVRY03 to update the delivery and perform PGI. I included segment 47 on the header and segment 49 at each parcel (HU) level. However, the VTRKH and VTRKP tables are not updated. I went through the codes via debug, and found when the process goes into function XSI_TABLE_UPDATE, all the XSI tables are empty, while the parsing of the IDOC is correct and the tracking data is available in a global internal table. How should the VTRKH and VTRKP tables be updated?

2. I manually entered some tracking numbers in the above two tables. When display the delivery, I could see the parcel tracking tab at the header level. Each parcel and its content is displayed correctly, but no tracking number is displayed, and there is no way to trigger a tracking (launching the tracking page of the carrier).

Have any of you successfully implemented this kind of XSI feature?

Thanks,

Hart

Answers (0)