Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set the Unicode check flag for all programs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

We are now upgrading our ecc6 system to unicode. The problem is that all our programs

are not flaged for unicode checks and there for have syntax errors. I now how to mark

this flag for a single program but how can I do it to all programs?

I realy need your help.

Thanks in advance,

Gershon.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Transaction UCCHECK is what you're looking for. You can use this to mass check ABAP programs and also to activate the Unicode Attribute. Check the documentation of the transaction. Note that the option to Set Unicode Attribute appears as a button in the menu list on the result list of the program.

Cheers, harald

nils_buerckel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Gershon,

In general, transaction UCCHECK is designed to cover all Unicode adaptations needed. The guide called

u201CRequirements of ABAP Programs in Unicode Systemsu201D, which can be found via:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b02d3594-ae48-2a10-83a7-89d369b70...

gives customers a comprehensive description of possible errors. Please also have a look at the docu provided directly in transaction UCCHECK. In addition, SAP notes 1322715 (search for UCCHECK) and 1319517 (point 8.) might be helpful.

Please note that customer programs have to be adapted - simply setting the Unicode flag works only for the objects with a green traffic light in UCCHECK .

Best regards,

Nils Buerckel

SAP AG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Through UCCHECK transaction, it is possible to check the Unicode flag for all the objects at one time (when the source system and current system are same for all the objects). If some objects have different source systems, then we need to sort it down and do it separately. It will create a separate task.

Thanks,

Surya.

Edited by: surya.a on May 26, 2010 8:40 AM