Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

system copy issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

i have 2 system copy issues -

1. is it possible to create 2 systems with the same sid , connect them to 2 different transport domains , and create some kind of link between those different transport domain so that it would be possible to move transports in stms between those 2 domains.

2 is it possible to put 2 different licese files in one system so that whenever a system copy is done from one system to another it won't be neccassary to install a new license since this will already be contained in TA slicense in the original (copied) system

Regards,

Moshe

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

martin_juen2
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi.

1. i think using the same sid means also using the same system numbers. the system number must be unique on a system - think about that. is it really necessary that both systems have the same sid? you can easily make a homegeneous system copy with changing sid and systemnumber. thats working for java systems too. no problems with hostnames, systemnumbers, ...

the transport between these two systems should not be a problem if they are using the same transport directory.

2. interesting question - never tried. but you can install more than one license in a system. try it, i think it's working.

regards, m.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moshe,

for your first question:

It is possible to perform system copy with same ID if the hostname is different. Technically it is also possible to transport requests through STMS using domain links.

for your second question:

It is not possible for you to save licences like you have specified. when you do the system refresh using source backup corresponding source licence table (MLICHECK) data will overwrite the target system table.

Now a days , as and when you do the system refresh, it is necesaary for you to get the licence key from SMP.

Thanks and regards

Purna