SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling lesser actual current reading & higher previous estimated reading

kvinkr
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

How does SAP standard system handle the following scenario:

Jan reading: 10 (actual)

Feb reading: 20 (estimated). Consumption calculated as 10 units and billed

Mar reading: 30 (estimated). Consumption calculated as 10 units and billed

Apr reading: 25 (actual)

How will the April consumption calculated?

You may also give your recommendations on how to handle the scenario...

With thanks & regards,

Vinodh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Vinodh:

Standard workflow ISU_ASSESS is available to handle this situation. When the April actual reading is received with a lower reading than the estimated reading, adjustment reversal is triggered, and re-determination of correct consumption values i.e. change reads to 15, 20 and use the actual of 25 to generate new billing data.

regards,

bill.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinodh,

There is one standard Functionality Available in ISU namely DPC(Dynamic Period Control).Using that u can Handle the above mentioned scnario.Please take a note of the below mentioned Example :

For generic installation with consumption meter installed there could be cases that meter reader cannot read meter as scheduled. With u201CEstimation of Meter Reading Results in Billingu201D DPC enables billing based on provisional consumption and initiates a backbilling whenever actual meter readings are available. This means that once actual meter reading is entered, billing adjustment is required to correctly bill customer.

DPC will bill as shown below:

A0 E1 E2 A3

Month 1 |----Estiamate Bill..........|

Month 2 |--

Estimate--

|

Month 3 |----Reverse

|
Reverse
--

|

Normal Bill----

When there is actual meter reading entered, system will reverse all previous provisional bills. In above example, billing in month 3 will have reversal lines of billing document in month 1 and month 2 as well as normal billing based on consumption between 2 actual meter readings (A0 and A3).

Example:

-

|--

|
|

|
--

MR0 MR1 MR2 MR3

A, R-2500 E, C-387 E, C-387 A, R-3300

Note : C- Consumption, R - Reading

Billing Document Valid from Valid to Consumption

1 MR0 MR1 +387

2 MR1 MR2 +387

When actual meter reading is available, then:

3 MR0 MR1 -387

4 MR1 MR2 -387

5 MR0 MR3 +800

I think u actually want to do this.If u want more clarification on that pls revert me back.

Thanks & Regards,

Radharaman Haldar

0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Haldar,

Thank u very much for your very helpful reply.

Still I have a clarification. What if the actual reading is 3000 in the example you have given instead of 3300. So we will have a scenario like:

1 MR0 MR1 +387 with estimated reading 2887 (2887 - 2500)

2 MR1 MR2 +387 with estimated reading 3274 (3274 - 2887)

3 MR0 MR1 -387

4 MR1 MR2 -387

5 MR0 MR3 +500 reading becomes implausible as (3000 - 3274)

How will we handle ?

With thanks & regards,

Vinodh

0 Kudos

Hi Vinodh,

if the actual reading is 3000 in the example instead of 3300. So we will have a scenario like:

1 MR0 MR1 +387 with estimated reading 2887 (2887 - 2500)

2 MR1 MR2 +387 with estimated reading 3274 (3274 - 2887)

3 MR0 MR1 -387

4 MR1 MR2 -387

5 MR0 MR3 +800 (3000-2500)

DPC considers only actual meter reading between last actual to current actual reading.In this case all the previous consumption will get negated and bill will be based on consumption of last actual period to current actual period.even u will not get the estimated consumption in EABL/EABLG.

I hope this will help u to understand DPC in a better way.

Thanks & regrads,

Radharaman Haldar

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Vinodh:

Standard workflow ISU_ASSESS is available to handle this situation. When the April actual reading is received with a lower reading than the estimated reading, adjustment reversal is triggered, and re-determination of correct consumption values i.e. change reads to 15, 20 and use the actual of 25 to generate new billing data.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Thanks Bill !