cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP R/3 4.6C installation on HP-UX 11.31

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Export

We have the old system based IBM server with HA environment, Cluster software is HACMP.

Now, the goal is: Migrate the SAP R/3 4.6C system to HP hardware.

Hardware: HP rx6600 & rx8640 server with MC/SG (cluster software);

DB& SAP R3 version: Oracle 9.2.0.6, R/3 4.6C non-unicode;

Here is my question:

Could you give me some wise recommendations regarding how to implement the new installation of SAP R/3 on HP-UX 11.31 with MC/SG?

Because I am confused that how to configure the Oracle RAC on MC/SG(of HP).

I try to find the installation documents for R/3 4.6C,

but I could not find the detail configuration for cluster environment, especial for HP's MC/SG.

If somebody could share the installation manual or recommendations to me, I would appreciate your great support!

Many thanks.

Best regards from

Charles Yu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> We have the old system based IBM server with HA environment, Cluster software is HACMP.

> Now, the goal is: Migrate the SAP R/3 4.6C system to HP hardware.

This is a heterogeneous migration (since you change the operating system) and requires a certified migration consultant doing the migration (see http://service.sap.com/osdbmigration --> FAQ). If you do the migration alone and you run into trouble SAP will bill the help.

> Could you give me some wise recommendations regarding how to implement the new installation of SAP R/3 on HP-UX 11.31 with MC/SG?

>

> Because I am confused that how to configure the Oracle RAC on MC/SG(of HP).

that means you want to run Oracle RAC with 9.2.x on HP-UX?

> I try to find the installation documents for R/3 4.6C,

> but I could not find the detail configuration for cluster environment, especial for HP's MC/SG.

Yes, because 4.6c is out of support for a long time already - as is Oracle 9.2.

Any reason why you don't use a supported database version?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus

Many thanks for your suggestion!

Q1: Oracle RAC with 9.2.x on HP-UX?

A: For HA environment, cluster software is: MC/SG on HP-UX 11.31; there are optional components of MC/SG for supporting Oracle RAC and SAP application. I was confused that I could not find the installation guide regarding 4.6C on MC/SG HA environment of HP-UX.

Q2: Any reason why you don't use a supported database version?

A: Actually, in order to avoiding the the risk of database upgrade and minimizing the migration risk, top level has decided that keeping the same Oracle version. Indeed, we don't plan the migration of application. On the other hand, it is complicated to do the assessment for application migration.

Any way, thanks again for your support!

B/R

Charles

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Q1: Oracle RAC with 9.2.x on HP-UX?

> A: For HA environment, cluster software is: MC/SG on HP-UX 11.31; there are optional components of MC/SG for supporting Oracle RAC and SAP application. I was confused that I could not find the installation guide regarding 4.6C on MC/SG HA environment of HP-UX.

> Charles

Relevant docs for Service Guard (SG) cluster are available at http://docs.hp.com. Hope you have checked for the suport of oracle 92x on HP-UX 11.31

>

> Q2: Any reason why you don't use a supported database version?

> A: Actually, in order to avoiding the the risk of database upgrade and minimizing the migration risk, top level has decided that keeping the same Oracle version. Indeed, we don't plan the migration of application. On the other hand, it is complicated to do the assessment for application migration.

> Charles

You can go for combined os migration and db release upgrade also at a stretch with the same downtime.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal

Many thanks for your feedback~~~

I will check the docs from HP web-site.

@ everybody

Could somebody know th questionnaire temp of migration from SAP company?

If you have the template, I would like to ask one copy for reference.

Thanks again

Charles

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Could somebody know th questionnaire temp of migration from SAP company?

> If you have the template, I would like to ask one copy for reference.

Questionaire will be available at http://service.sap.com/osdbmigration.