cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restriction to the Code Groups

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Is there any restriction to the number of code groups created in QS41 or selected sets created in QS51 respectively ? If there is any retriction to the number of possible entries how can a workaround for the same be found out ? Please advise....

Regards,

Sunit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Sunit,

Kindly elaborate your requirement.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

The QC dept. goes on adding code gorups, like miscibility in HCl, ethane, etc (where the codes will have values like

"acceptable" or "not acceptable"). So i was worrying whether there is a limit to such code groups that i can go on creating in

QS41/QS51. This is relevant for not only miscibility but other parameters like degradability in thinner, etc. which again we have

to go on creating in QS41/QS51.

If there is no limit to the number of code groups i can create in a catalog through transaction QS41

or allocate the same to individual plants through QS51 then there is no problem. Till now we have created around 40 codes. If there is a limit to the maximum number of codes that maybe created, we may have to find out a workaround to do the same.

Please suggest. ...

Regards,

Sunit

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunit,

What I have understood is (correct me if goes wrong), you are not sure whether there is any limit to create codes through QS41 or selected sets through QS51. Your requirement would be fulfilled if there is no any limit for this.

Sunit, there is no limit for these code creations. We have almost worked on 1000s of codes with no errors. What I suggest is, if your outcomes are same i.e. acceptable or not acceptable then you can use them for all required MICs. There is no need to create a separate selected set per MIC.

Best Regards,

Anand Rao

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sunit,

There is no restriction for creating selected sets and code groups. I have used making 400 code groups and selected sets there was no issue. Codes also can be 25-30 (I used that much ) so there should not be any issue.

Best Regards,

Shekhar