cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer Locked automatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

My sap system printer gets locked automatically due to connection problem.

Upon checking the profile parameters ,"rspo/lpq/temp_disable_slow" ( used to set the maximum response time allowed) and "rspo/lpq/temp_disable_time" ( used to set the temporary lock time.) i could see that no value is set. However, the printers get automatically locked due to connection problem.

Verified with the network team and could confirm that there is no issue with the network connections.

Secondly , I searched the google and in one blog it says to check the option " Do not query host spooler for status" in SPAD

transaction .. Kindly let us know it's impact on the production.

Looking forward to hear from you soon.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Vimal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member198270
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vimal, if you select Do not query host spooler for status it means your SAP application will not ping and check whether your print job has been completed succefully at physical printer end and update the status as completed at SAP.

For Example : It might be possible that your print job has 40 pages to print and it takes time to finish - but still at SAP it will have status as spool request completed.

Still considering the impact on production environment. I would ask you to test the same scenario in quality first by giving test print and check if it is giveing expected output by selecting the option.

Let me know the outcome so that we can further help you in this issue.

Regards, Amber S | ITL

former_member198270
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vimal, There are instances where the printing is continued and the status is set to u201CCompletedu201D. This happens when the option set [ ] Do not query host spooler for status

Generally the completed status donates that output request completed successfully, because the u2018spool systemu2019 communicates with u2018Host Spoolu2019 and if it doesnu2019t receive any status update within one minute , the status is set to u201C Completedu201D.

Hope it helps.

Regards, Amber S | ITL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amber,

Thank you so much for your reply. I checked in the quality and no issues has been found as of now...

But my main query is that is there any way to check the reason why the printer is getting locked automatically. Spool workprocess configured in that system is 3 only. will increasing the work process will work or load balancing should be placed ?

Waiting for your inputs,

Thanks,

Vimal

former_member198270
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vimal, Printer do get locked intemittent when print prequest is in progress. But once print request is compelted and hos spooler sends the information that print job is completed to SAP this lock gets released. (which is not happening by default in your case).

Can you paste spool work process logs so that further analysis specific to wp's can be done. also, have a over all check of SAP system like any thing abnormal which you could find ? (like sm12 lcoks).

Iam referring > http://help.sap.com/SAPHELP_NW70/helpdata/EN/d9/4a902351ea11d189570000e829fbbd/content.htm

point 4

4. If the print server is running and the spool service is active, then check the activity in the spool work process.

If the spool work process must wait more than 30 seconds, then it locks the output device for five minutes and goes on to other output requests. At the end of this lock period, the spool work process attempts to establish communication again. The same rules are used to limit waiting.

Regards, Amber S | ITL