cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM w/o Service Desk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a confusion here, My client wants to implement CHARM , but there is no service Desk. Only they have EWA thats it. Now If i am implementing CHARM then for every issues system will create an change doc right ? Even if there is no customising change also do we need to create a TP ? How to handle any simple query / error from end user which is not required any customizing changes ?

regds,

CB

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi CB,

We can have Charm configured without Service Desk in place but do use Charm to keep track of all the Customizing and Wokbench requests but when you want to keep track of all the end users issues then better to go for Service Desk implementation.

Regards,

Laxman

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even for our client, we have implemented without any service desk configuration. It is very well possible, and for the question "How to handle any simple query / error from end user which is not required any customizing changes ?" which involves some configuration to be made in the system without any transports, you can very well go with the sevice desk. In case you do not want to do that, you may probably have some application like a 3rd party app Unicenter Service Desk, for handling tickets/user issues, (for applicaiton support), you can do it through that as well.

Regards,

Sneha Vyas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi CB,

If you implement ChaRM in, when a CR (SDCR) will be validated,a change document will be subsequently created. The type of this change document will depend on the requirements.

For instance, if you require a customizing change you can choose to create a correction (either urgnt - SDHF - or regular - SDMJ). But if the change does not require a TR, the change document type will be a SDAD (admin message).

Hope it helps.

Kind regards,

Stéphane.